A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Das Boot: The Story of a Night Filled With Blood and Gore!

***WARNING: This post contains photos that may be disturbing to some viewers. Viewer discretion is advised!!!***
 
HAPPY HALLOWEEEEEEEEEEN everybody! Usually I am a lot more excited about Halloween but this year there have been some issues with my work so I was not sure if I would need a costume or not, I didn't know if I would be able to go out. I am able to go out next weekend but I didn't make my costume this year so it's kind of sad as Halloween is usually my favourite holiday. Anyway, I had made this post a couple of years ago, but it is a bit graphic so I wasn't sure if I should post it. Then I figured that it's Halloween so what better time to post some blood and gore? (STOP READING NOW IF YOU DON'T WANT TO SEE IT!) 

Anyway, a couple of years ago I went to see the band Hanzel Und Gretyl. The night turned out to be "interesting" to say the least.......

FACE: MAC Prep and Prime, MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation in NC15, MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NC15.

BROWS: Annabelle eyebrow pencil (black) and Annabelle lip pencil in 205 Cherry.

CHEEKS: Evil Shades blush in Brazen.

LIPS: NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencils in Dragon Girl and Cruella.

EYES: Base: UDPP and MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre, NYX JEP in Milk.
Shadows: Sugarpill Tako, Love +, and Bulletproof; My Pretty Zombie Epistaxis.
Eyeliner: Maybelline Black Liquid Eyeliner, UD Perversion.
Mascara: Maybelline The Falsies.
Lashes: Ardell Fright Night Vampire Lashes.

THE EQUIPMENT

 
THE LIPS
  
 
THE EYES
 

 
THE LOOK

The false lashes are pretty neat, they make me look totally different!
THE OUTFIT
 
 
Synthetic Dreads: Made by me.
Goggles: I Kick Shins.
Collar: Random goth store.
Top: Lip Service.
Waist Cincher: Deadly Couture.
Skirt: Tripp NYC.
Stockings: Ebay.
Boots: Demonia
 
So anyway, the band has this song called Das Boot. They require someone from the crowd to give up their boot such that they might fill it with beverages and pour it upon people. These two guys looked behind me and saw my boots.....one was pulled off and thus my boot was offered. 
 
 

 
To make a long story short, beverages were poured, and my boot was returned to me unharmed. However, I waited until the end of the show to don my boot again as it is rather time consuming to do up all the buckles. BAD IDEA. Some people had gotten a bit out of hand and thus there were some broken bottles on the floor. Guess who stepped on one with a stocking foot?

FAIL.
 
So anyway, I see that my foot is beginning to bleed quite badly, so I go to the ladies room to get some paper towel. I assess the cut; it is not bad, it just happens to be one that bleeds a lot. I know first aid so I was not particularly concerned. However, a lady who had possibly been enjoying a few beverages comes in the room and says, "I'M A MOM, I CAN HELP YOU!!!"  I told her I did not need help, but thank you anyway. She proceeds to rip open my stocking with her bare hands (!) and starts yelling for someone to bring the first aid kit.
 

My husband took this picture as I was trying not to laugh at the lady who ripped open my stocking. I had assured her several times that I could deal with this issue myself. Due to the beverages she had consumed previously, she WOULD NOT BE DETERRED. It was nice of her to help, at least.......I think......
 
 The bartender brings in the first aid kit. The bartender says he will take over. His version of first aid was cleaning an open wound with a rubbing alcohol pad, putting paper towel over the cut, taping it with zebra duct tape, and bringing me a free drink. No word of a lie. (By the way, that is not proper first aid.)
 
BLOOD AND GOREEEEEEEE
I went home and washed my boot and dreads in the bath (they were full of beer) and went to the doctor the next day just to make sure the cut was fine, there were no issues thankfully. The funny thing about the night was that I had stuff to do the next day so I was taking it easy on the beverages, it was more the intoxication of others that was the issue.


A VULCAN BUTTERFLY PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT
 
I just wanted to remind everyone to be safe this Halloween whatever it is you're doing! Look both ways before you cross the street with your kids, keep your boots on if you go out, plan a safe ride home, and make sure you go out with friends who can watch out for you!
 
What are you doing for Halloween this year?
 

8 comments:

  1. Auts! Luckily your foot is now better :) Well shit happens when you party "naked" (without your shoes) :P

    And this year's Halloween..well I will go to my friend's Halloween party first and from there to my favorite club, where they also have Halloween theme. I'm so looking forward to this weekend :) Happy Halloween to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha. Omg. Wait... zebra duct tape isn't in a first aid kit? Glad things turned out ok and I, for one, appreciate this post. I feel like these things happen to me all the time and no one else. Now there are at least two of us out there! Happy Halloween and have fun with whatever you end up doing. I'm sitting at work being the only person who wore a costume. I'm Amanda Bynes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a considerable amount of blood... yikes!
    I would've passed out, heh.
    But you looked fabulous despite all the mishap.

    You're quite brave in many aspects of your tale... one, for lending your beautiful boot to be drenched in beer! Ack!
    Two, for calmly letting that no so calm lady tend to your foot without gloves.
    Three... because of two and one, again.

    I probably won't be doing much other than some reflection and the baking of bat cookies =P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I honestly would have punched 'I'M A MOM' lady in the face. Like, nice of you to help but get out of my face kinda thing. I'm sorry you got slashed up but um, at least your boots are okay? You look wonderful as always and I hope you still had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry about "the boot incident." That's so funny that your husband took a picture of super mom trying to be helpful. I can't believe she ripped open your stockings (well I can, especially with the inebreation, but you know..). You look absolutely amazing and I hope you had fun nonetheless.

    My boyfriend made 6 life size zombies for the front yard, so we just stayed out front to pass out candy. We almost ran out of candy, so I rushed to the store to buy more, and a whooping two more kids came by. Womp, womp!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG so sorry about that accident! It sounds painful! Especially on the foot! But I hope its recovering fine! I do love your eye make up, the white to red to black gradient is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope your foot will recover well , it sounds a bit painful .. :/
    The makeup is badass , especially those lashes !! Damn !

    ReplyDelete