A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Thursday, October 10, 2013

New Sugarpill!! Cold Chemistry Palette and Electro Cutes!


Work has really been sucking the life out of me lately so to make myself feel better I ordered some Sugarpill! Yay for mature adult coping skills! HA! Anyway, I got the new Electro Cutes and the Cold Chemistry palette. I also ordered a couple of pairs of false eyelashes.
 
THE STUFF
 

 
THE EYELASHES

Top: Dewdrop Kisses. Bottom: Angel Baby
 
If you are looking for a pair of HUGE false lashes then pick up Dewdrop Kisses! They are HUGE....and also sparkly. The Angel Baby lashes are not huge but they are bright purple. Very cool!
 

COLD CHEMISTRY PACKAGING

 

 
The Cold Chemistry palette is HUGE. You definitely get lots of product in this thing. I also LOVE what they've done with the packaging, very nice! The colours in this palette make it a no-brainer for evening/goth looks.
 
THE SWATCHES

From left to right: Subterranean, Elemental Chaos, Diamond Eyes, and Soot & Stars.
Subterranean is a really neat colour, I didn't have anything like it in my collection. Elemental Chaos has a lot of blue and purple sparkle to it that you cannot see in the photo. Diamond Eyes has a bit of a pink sheen to it and Soot & Stars is RIDICULOUSLY sparkly. Unfortunately, you will probably get a fair bit of glitter fallout from Soot & Stars (I have worn it out and the sparkle doesn't all stay put.)
 
THE ELECTRO CUTES
 
These are PACKED with glitter! Neon glitter shadows = awesome in my books. Here are some swatches in various lighting conditions.

From left to right: Love Buzz, Supercharged, Hi-Viz, Sparkage, Hellatronic


Look at the little twinkles in the picture below! That is not photoshop, they are just that sparkly!

 
Some of the colours have a bit of a shift to them. (Note that the following descriptions are my perception of the colours. The descriptions on the website are different.) Love Buzz is neon pink with silver sparkles (it is supposed to have a colour shift but I can't see it). Supercharged is kind of a neon pastel orange with gold sparkles that have a slight colour shift. Hi-Viz is neon yellow with a gold/green/blue sparkling colour shift. Sparkage is neon green with a silver/blue sparkling colour shift. Hellatronic has a very noticeable colour shift. It is somewhat similar to Royal Sugar but more neon and with a very definite purple/pink/silver shift. I had a hard time picking up the colour shifts on camera but you can kind of see it in the blurry picture below. I have not worn any of these yet so I can't speak to the longevity of the glitter in them.
 
BLURRY SWATCH PICTURE
 

OBLIGATORY UV LIGHT PICTURE

 
I figured that all of these would be UV-reactive; not so. Only Love Buzz and Supercharged react under UV light.
 
SAFETY ALERT: In some areas of the world, neon pigments are said to be unsafe for the eye area so use at your own risk (Sugarpill lists a similar warning on their website).
 
Overall, I am very happy with these products. I do have one negative note: I have found it to be very difficult to access the Sugarpill website and order from it. It literally took me a two week period to place this order as the site was either down when I tried to access it or I would start adding items to my cart and then the site would no longer work. I don't know if they are getting too much traffic for their servers or something but it makes it very difficult to place an order. As a disclaimer, I am not sure if others have had this problem, perhaps something was wrong on my internet or something, I am not 100% sure. Anyway, once I did place my order, shipping was fast and everything was nicely packaged.


Has anyone else had any problems with the website? What do you think of Sugarpill's new offerings?
 
 
DISCLAIMER: I purchased these with my own money. I am not affiliated with this company in any way. 

7 comments:

  1. I've never tried any of Sugarpill's products, even though I'm always drawn in by their beautiful colors. The sparkles on the neon set are amazing! Like magic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait, buying Sugarpill to deal with work stress isn't the adult way to do things? I guess I, too, am doing it wrong. I think I'm going to get Cold Chemistry eventually, but I'm not sure about the other Elektrocutes. I am just missing the orange and blue, but I have Royal Sugar so I'm on the fence. I really just want the Sleek neon palette. Stupid being in the US.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I APPROVE of your mature adult coping skills! The palette I'm going to get for sure during their Cyber Monday sale but I'm not too sure about the neon shadows. I've heard they don't apply as smoothly as the other loose shadows.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore this palette! You'll get so much use out of it, I'm sure. I haven't gone the neon pigments. They're so big I don't know how much use I'd get out of them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you picked these up! Great colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was eyeballing for those electrocute pigments , but the jars are so big . I use neon colors , but not that much . So i wish they would make samplepacks or something like that for colors like that . I'm dying to try these , but i don't want to buy such big jars when i'm not going to use it so often ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow! That UV light reaction is so cool :)
    Hellatronic is such a cool shade, I will definitely have to check out sugarpill's stuff!

    ReplyDelete