A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Friday, November 29, 2013

Black Friday

Hello everyone! It is the dreaded Black Friday. I always post a black outfit on Black Friday because it amuses me. My outfit today was worn to a local corset-maker's fashion show. It was kind of disappointing because I ended up getting off work late, doing a rather poor job of my hair and makeup, and getting to the venue about half an hour late. I had also thought that the fashion show was scheduled later in the evening so I thought I was doing ok for time, but it turns out it was the first part of the show (they also had burlesque performers) so I missed the entire fashion show by like 30 seconds!!! It was finishing right as I walked in!!! ARGH. WORK.  Anyway, I decided to do pink makeup for some reason, I didn't really like the overall effect.

FACE: MAC Prep and Prime, MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation in NC15, MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NC15.

BROWS: MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud.

CHEEKS: Hard Candy Blush Crush Baked Blush in Living Doll.

LIPS: MAC Rebel.

EYES: Base: UDPP and MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre.
Shadows: MAC Brash and Bold Pigment, My Pretty Zombie Mng #1 and My Pretty Zombie, Fyrinnae Princess of Darkness, and Sugarpill Magnetric & Bulletproof.
Liners: Maybelline Black Liquid Liner, UD Woodstock and Perversion.
Mascara: Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Lash Extending Treatment Mascara.
False Lashes: Ardell Bat Those Lashes.

THE EQUIPMENT

 
THE LIPS
 
 
THE EYES

 
THE LOOK

 
THE OUTFIT

 
Synthetic Dreads: Made by me.
Spike Headband: Made by my "husband".
Necklace: Le Chateau.
Shrug: Local corset store.
Corset: Sweet Carousel Corsetry
Skirt: (I got this while shopping in Montreal earlier this year, it is great for curvier figures!)
Tights: Ebay
Shoes: Jeffrey Campbell
 
When we got home, the cats were very crabby that we had left them home alone. They do not like when we go out for the evening!!
 

We actually got a half-decent picture of the two of us when we were out. Usually, one or both of us has our eyes closed or something like that. The other half's suit and shirt is from Calvin Klein, and the circuit board print tie is from Cyberoptix Tie Lab. I found out about them from the blog This is Corpgoth. Their printed ties are great for adding a bit of alternative flair to an otherwise formal outfit (and ladies can rock them, too!). They also have awesome printed pashminas.


Is anyone braving the shopping malls today? I did some online sale shopping, it's much safer!

11 comments:

  1. I LOVE your hair and headband in these. Love. Also just realized I am wearing all back on Black Friday! It wasn't intentional really. I mean these are the clothes I intended to wear, but there was no meaning behind it. I did a little online shopping (Sugarpill sale, yay!) and then I went out to a couple of stores. It wasn't all that crowded and I scored some awesome things without really dealing with any chaos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the outfit, the hair is my favourite so far! Your special someone looks smashing in the suit, the perfect companion. And your cats so sweet...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an amazing outfit! Especially love the headpiece.

    I shop from home, too. The craziness that erupts on Black Friday is absolutely astonishing to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This look is gorgeous! I want to raid your wardrobe now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had totally missed your awesomeness ! You look just fab !

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the look! You look gorgeous :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my god!! That is just wow!! Like Queen of the Darkness itself O.O

    ReplyDelete