A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Saturday, November 9, 2013

Halloween 2013: Latex Star Trek Costume!


This year for Halloween, I did not make my costume or do any DIY-ing at all as I usually would. Unfortunately, things have been going rather screwy at my job so I wasn't sure if I would be able to have a day off that I could go out for Halloween. I had to miss my friend's Halloween party but there was another event the next weekend so I went to that. I went as a Vulcan so I went for an almost completely neutral look. I attempted to do some contouring and highlighting to make my face look a bit different; I don't really know how to do that very well but it turned out ok. I wanted to have just a little bit of colour as I didn't want to be too washed out so I used some blue eyelashes and a bit of metallic blue liner.  Also, a lot of people asked me how I covered up my natural eyebrows so well. The answer is, I DIDN'T. I waxed them off except for the inner parts. I have waxed them off before and they actually grow back pretty quickly!

FACE: MAC Prep and Prime, MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation, MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NC15.

BROWS: MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud, Annabelle Eyebrow Pencil (black).

LIPS: Buxom Big and Healthy Lip Stick in Brooklyn, Buxom Full-On Lip Cream White Russian.

CHEEKS: Too Faced Pink Leopard Bronzing Powder, Tarte Amazonian Clay Mineral Bronzing Powder in Park Avenue Princess, A Hot Mess Cosmetics Blush in Last Day on Earth (made by me), Benefit Watt's Up! highlighter.

EYES: Base: UDPP, MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre.
Shadows: Annabelle Vanilla Chilla, Buff Naked, Ebony, So Foxy; Shadows from Lise Watier Les Basiques; In The Buff, Fuzzy Handcuffs, and Garter Belt from the Too Faced Boudoir Eyes Palette.
Liners: UD 24/7 Liner in Radium, Annabelle Liquid Eyeliner in Black Out.
Mascara: Clinique High Impact Mascara.
False Lashes: Quo Full Lashes (Limited Edition Blue).

THE EQUIPMENT

 
THE LIPS

 
THE EYES

OMG I LOVE THESE FALSE LASHES! They are black with blue on the ends, they also make a purple pair.
These are a great alternative to fussy coloured mascaras.


THE LOOK

 
THE OUTFIT


 Hairpiece: Made by me
Ears: Costume shop
Dress: Shhh! Couture Latex (looks dull in the picture, I don't shine my latex until I get where I'm going in the winter as the shine gets wrecked under my coat)
Tricorder: My husband found an old purse at a thrift store that mildly looked like a Star Trek tricorder.
Boots: Demonia
 
HAPPY (LATE) HALLOWEEN!!

 
What did you dress up as for Halloween?

9 comments:

  1. You are one hot vulcan! Now I see why you chose your nickname ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your costume. Love love love. I was a flapper on Halloween (had to have something black and knee length with sleeves for work... But I did get away with some pretty fun accessories). I wore an evening dress with a shrug over it to make it almost work appropriate. And then I wore my Star Trek TOS uniform to a Halloween party the next weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look amazing ! Love that costume and your makeup :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! Halloween this year was kind of a bust, but ah well. At least there was a little fun to be had!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my I LOVE the look!! I love the lashes too! I'll love to have a pair like that, it's such a nice touch and opens up the eyes and oh lala the outfit is so geeky and sexy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is unbelievably sexy on you- what a dress! The ears look perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know, that is the absolutely coolest costume I've ever seen! <3 You look totally perfect! :D

    ReplyDelete