A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Colour of the Year: Radiant Orchid

 ATTENTION EVERYONE!!! PANTONE HAS SPOKEN!!! THE COLOUR OF THE YEAR IS OFFICIALLY "RADIANT ORCHID"!!!! 

Ummmm....is it just me or who in the f**k is this entity called "Pantone"? Why do they get to tell us which colour is trendy? I don't really get it. However, I am not above pretending that I am VERY on trend. This makeup look and clubbing outfit is PERHAPS from April 2013 (as we all know that I never get around to posting anything that I take pictures of) but let us pretend, if only for a moment, that I am very "with it" and "hip" and that I just did this recently in the spirit of bowing down to the colour and trend gods. If orchid tones are trendy, then I am fine with it as they are flattering on me and complement my eye colour. BUT WHAT IS ONE TO DO IF THIS COLOUR DOES NOT LOOK GOOD ON THEM??? THE HORROR. 

FACE: MAC Prep and Prime, MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation in NC15, MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NC15. 

BROWS: MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud.

CHEEKS: Benefit Throb Face Powder, My Pretty Zombie Drugs Like Me Blush in THC.

LIPS: MAC Lipstick in Strong Woman.

EYES: Base: UDPP, MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre.
Shadows: Femme Fatale Cosmetics Inner Madness, Evil Shades Nightshade, Sugarpill Chromalust in Hysteric, Fyrinnae Cuddlefish, Bourjois 04 and 12, and Lise Watier Midnight Pearls eyeshadow in Orchid.
Liners: Lime Crime Uniliner in Orchidaceous, Annabelle Glitterama Liquid Eyeliners in Violet Venus, MAC Chromaline in Rich Purple,Geisha Ink, UD Perversion.
False Lashes: Sephora Mink.

THE EQUIPMENT


THE LIPS


THE EYES


THE LOOK

Do ignore my awkward hair length; I have been growing out my old short haircut for quite some time now. I either like my hair freshly cut in a short style or really long so the in-between period rather sucks. It is a fair bit longer now. Also, I had some of those fusion i-tip extensions in. They look pretty cool and last for quite awhile.


 THE OUTFIT


Dress: Westward Bound
Belt + Bracelet: Le Chateau
Tights: Ebay
Shoes: Hades Predator (%$*# they are uncomfortable!) 


What do you think of this "colour of the year" business? Can someone explain this "Pantone" thing to me? 

6 comments:

  1. I think the color of the year is absolutely useless...if we don't like for example neon blue (I don't like the shades of blue, but it is just an example), we wont like it after it is called 'the color of the year"...

    But...you look fantastic (though I also don't like that hair length...i have it too, because I have to grow it), and your shoes are very pretty (and as I read uncomfortable too). :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are lucky that you look great in fuchsia, it really clashes with my hair! ^^ Not that I'm that fashionable anyway... But the make up really makes your eyes pop and the dress flatters your figure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those shoes may be uncomfortable, but dang they are hot.

    You look fantastic! I'm with you on awkward hair - growing on my short cut, as well, and that in-between stage is killing me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I personally don't think much of this color, I'm not a fan of this shade of purple, I like electric, deep, bold purples! i really love what you did, especially the lip color and your dress is so sexy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This color is perfect perfect on you! and I love that dress. Pantone is the color company...If you work in some kind of design or manufacturing field and you want a color applied, you don't refer to color by name, you usually refer to it by number so the inks can be calibrated to match your design. That number is the pantone number. My personal experience with the company, anyway. Like I said...NO idea how they make their money.

    ReplyDelete