A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Nine Inch Nails!!

Back in November I went to go see Nine Inch Nails!! I didn't really have high hopes for it as Trent Reznor is now a unicorn-riding health-obsessed father of two who writes upbeat electronic tunes but it actually was an awesome show! I will admit I do find the newer albums to be catchy even though they are not as deep or ground breaking as the previous drug-induced albums were. They did some different things with their show including a REALLY neat light display (I've never seen anything like it at a concert before) and some neat female backing vocals on a few songs.
I wanted to do some neat makeup but I ended up ruining it! I was running a bit late and was trying to glue one some false lashes that had a thick band with black jewels and I screwed it up!! ARGH. One must be patient when applying horrible lashes with huge thick bands!! Anyway, I ended up getting lash glue all over my eyelid and then picked some crappy lashes with a thin band to stick on quickly. Didn't turn out the way I wanted it to, ha!
 
 
FACE: MAC Prep and Prime, MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation in NC15, MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NC15.
 
BROWS: MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud.
 
CHEEKS: My Pretty Zombie Drugs Like Me Blush in 6-MAM, MAC Blush in Sakura.
 
LIPS: Kat Von D Foiled Love Lipstick in Oh My Goth.
 
EYES: Base: UDPP and MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre.
Shadows: Essence Breaking Dawn Edward's Love and Alice Had a Vision.....Again, Venomous Cosmetics Wilted Roses, Aromaleigh Not So Silent Night and Oops #1, Bourjois 04.
Liners: UD Rockstar, Kat Von D Piaf.
Mascara: Too Faced Better Than Sex.
False Lashes: Ugly Ardell Fright Night Bat Those Lashes Glow in the Dark Lashes.
 
THE EQUIPMENT


 
Leather hair flower made by my friend, it is on the other side of my head in the outfit picture.
 
RUINED EYE MAKEUP
 
Boooo it looked so nice before I swear!
 THE LOOK

 
THE OUTFIT

 
Headscarf: American Apparel.
Necklace: Express.
Sleeve: Le Chateau.
Dress: Plastik Wrap.
Boots: Demonia (I am definitely taking those silver panels OFF. They look like football padding or something!)
 
The boots don't really go with the dress but they're comfortable for standing for a long time at a concert.
 
COOL LIGHTSHOW PICTURES










Do you ever have issues with false lashes even though you 've been gluing them to your face for years? Ever seen NIN live?

10 comments:

  1. I'm going to see NIN in May. I've seen them live twice. First time was in Roskilde, Denmark in 2000. I was fortunate enough to meet Trent and Charlie Clouser (and very briefly Danny Lohner). So that one has stayed with me. The other one was in 2005. Oh dear, it's been 9 years already.
    I must say I haven't listened to them in a while, but I'm still looking forward to the concert. :) (Nice photos!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never learned to use false lashes. I didn't have anyone to teach me makeup or hair; I've sort of been winging it for 25 years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh, you lucky thing! Love NIN, but never seen them live. :D

    Love your look, that dress is awesome. Need that lipstick just for the name

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paid over a week's worth of wages to see them in NYC back in October, well worth it even though it was in the nosebleeds. The light show made it entertaining even though I couldn't see Trent (except his HUGE arms). It was also easy to photograph which was nice since I'm usually sitting too far away to get anything. Unfortunately the opening act he brought along was literally the WORST and most annoying thing I ever had to sit through, seriously pissed me off. I don't even remember what the band was called or if it even technically was a bad. Some art house post-rock I don't even know crap. I knew it was gonna be bad and contemplated going late but it's too stressful trying to time it right.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! I love seeing NIN live. They always do an excellent 'best of' show in addition to new material. I'm actually going to see them live this Saturday and they're playing with Queens of the Stone Age! What an amazing double bill. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I suck at false eyelashes. Don't know why, but they always wind up on some other part of my face. Bad experiences. LOL
    Love the dress, BTW.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No, your eye make up is not ruined at all! I like that pair of pointy lashes, it fits very well! I'd love that necklace you have and those boots look so awesome! My brother attended a gig of theirs when they came to asia!

    ReplyDelete
  8. False lashes are a real pain in the ass, if you ask me, but your make up was pretty neat, not ruined at all. Your dress is also cool.

    I like NIN, I particularly enjoy the newer songs, but I'm not really a fan, so while I do listen to some of their songs a lot, I wouldn't pay a lesser fortune to see them live...Well, I hardly ever go to concerts anyway because the ticket prices are ridiculously high in Budapest...:/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love those boots! they look kind of Steampunky to me, like you are part robot! I love the makeup and that necklace is amazing too! Lyke Lynoire, I am more a fan of their older stuff, and I can't really afford concerts, at least, they are not my priority with so much else I want to buy, hee hee.

    ReplyDelete