A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Friday, April 4, 2014

Art Gallery Party

Usually, when I go out, I attend either a goth/industrial dance night, and alternative/indie dance night, or an 80's dance night. Recently, something new was brought to my attention: parties at the art gallery. The gallery in my city holds events where you go to the gallery, look at art, do art-related activities, drink, and dance. They have  DJ's that play various types of music and local musical artists. Apparently, they are trying to entice a younger crowd to appreciate art. These parties are themed; the one I went to was called "Cloud Nine" and you were supposed to incorporate pastels, clouds, the ethereal, and metallics into your outfit. When I heard the theme, I thought, "F**k." None of those words really pertain to anything in my mainstream or alternative wardrobes. However, I went into the abyss of my closet and found a galaxy-print dress my mother had got me for my birthday previously. It has lovely nebula clouds on it. To incorporate metallics, I wore shoes with a metallic tube on them, some flashy earrings that were a present from my friend, and false 
lashes with little silver bits on them. For pastels, I shopped my stash and found an old sparkly pastel pink gloss and pastel pink blush. For eyeshadow I used the Sugarpill Cold Chemistry palette as these shades are metallic and ALMOST a bit pastel if one uses them lightly.

FACE: MAC Prep and Prime, MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation in NC15, MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NC15.

BROWS: MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud.

CHEEKS: Benefit Thrrob face powder.

LIPS: Gosh Lipgloss in 0022.

EYES: Base: UDPP and MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre.
Shadows: Sugarpill Cold Chemistry: Soot & Stars, Diamond Eyes, and Elemental Chaos. Foxy from UD Naked2.
Liners: Maybelline Black Liquid Eyeliner, UD Perversion, Annabelle Glitterama Liquid Liner in Violet Venus, and Kat Von D Waterproof Autograph Pencil in Piaf.
Mascara: Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Lash Extending Treatment Mascara.
False Lashes: Sephora Paparazzi.

THE EQUIPMENT


THE LIPS


THE EYES



THE LOOK


HOW DID MY HAIR GET SO LONG, you ask? I have a full set of human hair extensions. I actually think they look very natural. I was worried that they might look a bit sketchy, however I was quite pleasantly surprised by the effect. I can't wait until my own hair is this long!

THE OUTFIT


Hair Extensions: I Kick Shins.
Earrings: Gift.
Dress: Le Chateau
Tights: H&M.


Shoes: Gold Dot.

I had a great time at the party, the gallery is a gorgeous venue. Looking at the art exhibits was a great novelty for me as I am not into art and that sort of thing so I quite enjoyed myself.

8 comments:

  1. Your hair does look awesome at this length! I've never had extensions before (well, just those rainbow or feather ones that you do one or two here and there) I also think you did a great job considering the theme of the party wasn't your usual cup of tea. Way better than I would do if I had to wear one of your outfits (which I love on you, but I'm not sure outfits like that and my body would be friends)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great as always, I admire how you can make every outfit look so easy and amazing! I like the extensions on you, long hair really suits you! Aren't they quite a hassle?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hair extensions? I'd never think so, it looks so good on you! I love the outfit, especially the pattern, I'd love one like that in a teal color! The whole look is great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your hair! looks awesome. And your dress too. Yeah, galleries are my favorite way to get drunk.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That cold chemistry palette is becoming more and more of a 'need to buy' for me. I keep seeing it, and I keep loving every look made with it. The colors are those I love seeing together.

    You look great in long hair!
    I have long hair, and it doesn't look half as nice-- mostly because I can't style it, and just let it hang lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look amazing! I think the event sounds like so much fun and that's awesome that you tried (and enjoyed) something different =D

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look awesome with the long hair!

    ReplyDelete