A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Monday, April 7, 2014

Worksafe Monday: Purple and Lavender for Spring

It is FINALLY starting to look more like spring outside! Purple is my favourite makeup colour for spring as I find that it looks nice with my eye colour. Lately I have been digging through my stash for some nice spring-y colours to make non-neutral worksafe looks. I found some lovely Silk Naturals shadows, a MAC eyeliner that I had forgotten about, and my old Dior palette.

FACE: MAC Prep and Prime, MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation in NC15, MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NC15.

BROWS: MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud.

CHEEKS: MAC Blush in Azalea Blossom.

LIPS: Gosh Lipgloss in 0022.

EYES: Base: UDPP and MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre. 
Shadows: Silk Naturals Eerie and Wired, purple and lavender shadows from the Dior Night Butterfly palette.
Eyeliners: MAC Pearlglide liner in Rave, UD Ransom.
Mascara: Too Faced Better Than Sex.

THE EQUIPMENT


THE EYES


THE LIPS


THE LOOK


What makeup colours have you been wearing to work lately?

10 comments:

  1. that liner is so cool and fun! Great look! :) I feel inspired to pull out some of my purple shades now!

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wearing a lot of pale golds, neutrals, and browns to work, haha, with brighter lip colors! Not sure if it's ok to rock a red lip while giving a chemistry lecture, but whatever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! I've been wearing lots of neutrals (browns, pinks, peaches) recently because surprisingly I haven't used much neutrals at all the last few months! I like your purple look a lot, I really need to pull out a purple eyeliner soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the purple liner, it adds a bit drama to a tame look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful makeup. I'm using my brown, beige and copper pallets for my everyday makeup. However, coincidentally I have been into purple eye-shadow lately because I also have brown eyes and I agree that purple goes well with brown eyes. Hm, I might give it a shot today then :)

    X.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wore a lot of neutrals for work lately , with a pop of color :)
    I really like this one , the purple liner makes it interesting ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been wanting to experiment with lilac and pink eyeshadows recently. but for college work I wear a champagne with a lot darker thin blended line in my crease for a hooded eye look. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. SOOOOO pretty! Purple looks gorgeous on you and makes your eyes really glow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. such a nice make up *_*
    http://doom-kat.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete