A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Drugstore Makeup Swatches: L'Oreal and Maybelline

NO BUY UPDATE: I have not bought any makeup for 3 months!!!!

Please tell me someone gets this reference......anyone????
I have continued to resist my very strong urge to buy makeup so far, only 9 months to go to see if I can make it a whole year! Yikes, that sounds like a LONG time........

Anyway, I shall now focus on some things that I already have and am enjoying. First up is L'Oreal Colour Riche eyshadow quads. I got one of these on sale a long time ago and another one from my mother as a gift. They come in lots of different colour combinations from neutrals to brights and they are rather inexpensive; you can often find these on sale.

COLOUR RICHE EYESHADOW QUADS


SWATCHES


Left: Love to Hate Me. Right: Neon Skirt.

I just LOVE the purple colour in the Love to Hate Me quad. I think that purple shades go well with my eye colour and I have been looking for a nice blue-toned purple shadow. This one hit the nail on the head for me! The Neon Skirt quad is fun to play with, I can either go all out and do a multi-coloured bright look or use light washes of just one of the colours to add some interest to my work makeup.

Next up is a product that I did NOT think I would like: the Maybelline Colour Tattoo cream shadows. I have oily skin and eyelids so me and cream shadows don't play well together.  However, I was very impressed with these, they actually wear right through my workday! (Note: I wear them over UDPP.) Not bad for an inexpensive drugstore shadow! These are a great mulit-use products, you can use them as eyeshadows, bases for other shadows, or eyeliners. I have read a lot of great reviews of these on various blogs; if you are looking for a decent cream eyeshadow, you can't go wrong with these in my opinion.

MAYBELLINE COLOUR TATTOO EYESHADOW


SWATCHES


Top: Barely Branded (Metal) Bottom: Tough as Taupe.

DISCLAIMER: ALL PRODUCTS PURCHASED BY ME, ALL OPINIONS ARE MY OWN. PURCHASED BEFORE MY NO BUY.

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I haven't tried a no buy because I'm quite sure I'll fail miserably but it must be done because money can be put to much better uses! I love that l'oreal quad with the purple and gold and barely branded! We don't that shade here! Grr!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a Maybelline Tattoo, but it just slipped around like crazy on me. I couldn't get it to blend nicely over primer, so that was that. The color really was pretty, though, and I wish it had worked!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG OMG OMG OMG I get the reference!! Another Tim & Eric fan!!!!!!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've not really tried many l'oreal products and had no idea they even sold quads >.< They do look pretty cool though. Well done on your no buy I've been doing awfully on my spending ban turned low buy turned just try not to spend money but spend all the money anyway. I only ever hear good things about the color tattoo and clearly need to just go and try them out already.

    ReplyDelete