A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Monday, June 2, 2014

Red and Black Week: Clubbing Makeup


For today's Red and Black week post, I decided to show one of my go-to club makeup looks. If I can't think of anything else to do, I often use black eyeshadow on my lid and blend some red shadows up out of the crease. I often like to use some red glitter along my lashline as well just to provide some contrast with the black eyeshadow. These are old pictures but you get the idea.

FACE: MAC Prep and Prime, MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation in NC15, MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NC15. 
BROWS: MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud.
CHEEKS: Silk Naturals Blush in Galaxy.
LIPS: NARS Daredevil.
EYES: Base: UDPP and MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre.
Shadows: Sugarpill Asylum Chromalust, Sugarpill Bulletproof, My Pretty Zombie Epistaxis, Fyrinnae Purgatory,  Lise Watier Metamorfix.
Liners: Annabelle Glitterama Liquid Eyeliner in Atomic Red, Maybelline Liquid Black Eyeliner, Avon Daring Definition Gel Eyeliner.
Mascara: Lise Watier 24 Hours Glam.
False Lashes: Ardell Halloween ones.

THE EQUIPMENT


THE LOOK


What are some of your favourite red and black eyeshadows?

13 comments:

  1. Love it! I love Sugarpill Love+ with Bulletproof

    ReplyDelete
  2. woah now...that's awesome. I still do the high school thing and use red lipliner or red blush as eye makeup. it's making me blind, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been lurking at your blog for some time now. You are lovely! I don't know if I could pull off red on my eyes, but you definitely can.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way you have blended the red into the black. It has just the right amount of impact! GREAT outfit, also!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg, so dark and edgy and most importantly sultry and sexy! I love how you've used red on the eyes, it goes so well with the outfit (which I am loving!) The hat looks darling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is also one of my to go eye make up combinations! In fact so much that my boyfriend asked me to wear something else once... *blush*

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks awesome! Is that dress and hat by Purpur by any chance?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what an awesome look! :) You look stunning my Vulcan friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! I love dabbling with red eyeshadow (and plan on doing a post featuring it later in the week), but I don't even remotely have the skill to do this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this look! ^^ Frankly, I don't use enough eye - shadow, especially not high - end eye shadow to answer your qestion. I usually just buy some cheapo things, you know, 'in case', but I never actually use them...:/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't found a black that I love! They either are too chalky or they have chunky bits of glitter in them...both are hard for me to wear!

    That lip color is killer, though.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My favorite black shadow has rainbow glitter in it. I think it's from Revlon or something and it has fallout like crazy when you put it on, but it has rainbow glitter in it so that's like a bandaid for all the bad.

    ReplyDelete