A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Friday, June 6, 2014

Red and Black Week: Military Fashion Show


It is the final day of Red and Black Week! Thanks to Sophistique Noir for hosting this event. I have found some new blogs to follow and seen some great fashion and makeup inspiration from the other ladies who participated!
Today's outfit is a military-themed ensemble. When I wear this outfit, it is one of the rare times that I wear a hat. I know this may be blasphemy to some people, but I cannot stand hats! I just look silly in most of them. Some people wear them with amazing style and flair, but I just feel ridiculous wearing one for some reason. 
I don't have any makeup pictures today as they did not turn out. I wore a very simple neutral smokey eye, false eyelashes, and red lipstick because one cannot go wrong with that sort of thing in my opinion. I didn't have much time to get ready as going out was a last minute thing.

FACE: MAC Prep and Prime, MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation in NC15, MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NC15. 
BROWS: MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud.
CHEEKS: A Hot Mess Cosmetics blush in Last Day on Earth (made by me).
LIPS: MAC RiRi Woo (I can't decide if this is more irritatingly named than Candy Yum Yum or not).
EYES: Base: UDPP and MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre.
Shadows: Inglot DS 458, Matte353, 349, 342, and AMC 64, Giorgio Armani Eyes To Kill 02.
Liners: Maybelline Black Liquid Eyeliner, UD Perversion.
Mascara: Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Lash Extending Treatment Mascara, Bourjois Glamour Max Holidays in 52 Ultra Black.
Lashes: Ardell Fright Night Bat Those Lashes.

THE EQUIPMENT


THE OUTFIT


Dress, Armwarmers, and Hat: Purpur Clothing.
Corset: Burlesk (from Camden Market).
Tights: Ebay.
Necklace: Gift from friend with Festival Kinetik dog tag.
Boots: New Rock.

7 comments:

  1. I love the combination of textures here. And your makeup matches the outfit perfectly! Many thanks for participating in Red & Black Week this year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg, the outfit is sooo sexy! I love the trims of red!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow you look awesome! the matte corset really finishes the outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome!!
    I'm with you on the hat thing; apparently, I look good in hats, but I can't stand wearing them either...:)

    ReplyDelete