A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Fun in Mexico!

Here are some pictures of my trip to Mexico (other than wedding pictures).

I am obsessed with plants and gardening so I had a great time looking at all of the tropical plants and flowers!! It was beautiful.


The beach was beautiful as well. I got to swim in the ocean for the first time in my life, and it was awesome!


My friend and I drank some dirty martinis (shaken, not stirred!) James Bond, we are not.....they were super gross!


There were a lot of iguanas everywhere. We decided we would bask in the sun with them. They were not particularly impressed.


My friend had a sweet underwater camera so she got cool pictures of the stuff we saw when we were snorkeling! This is a picture of her underwater, if I ever say that my friend made something for my outfit pictures, this is the lady!


My brother and I tried scuba diving......in the pool. Apparently we aren't the most adventurous people.


Me and my sister.


We went on a day trip that involved snorkeling in the ocean, snorkeling in a cenote, and there was a place with a zipline and a platform to jump off of. Despite being scared to death of heights, I did the zipline and jumped off the bloody platform (it scared the piss out of me as you can see by my less than graceful form in the air). It doesn't look that high but it FEELS like it is high!


Snorkeling in an ocean inlet.


We saw a stingray when we were snorkeling! My friend took this with her underwater camera. At first I was all like, "WOOOO let's go swim with the stingray!!!!" then I remembered it was a STINGRAY, and was like, "AAHHHHH get the f*** away from the stingray!!!!!"


My husband snorkeling underwater.


In the cenote, which is an underground cave. The water was cold (or as the tour guides say, "refreshing!")


I didn't spend much time in the pool because the ocean is way better, but we did have to visit the swim-up bar.


OOOooh look, a starfish!!! (Maybe I shouldn't be touching this thing.....)


Dancing to Gagnam Style after too much sun and adult beverages. I am in the red bathing suit, my friend is in the blue top.


All in all, it was a pretty fun trip! My husband, my friend, and her boyfriend are planning a trip for next year!

10 comments:

  1. I didn't know that you were into plants so much, but the vegetation in Mexico is really wonderfull! It seems like you had a blast there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a wonderful trip! Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a great time! All of the water looks crystal clear and so gorgeous. I think I would freak out if I saw a stingray. I'm not much into marine animals...even fish kind of creep me out. The mammals are cute, but still, I wouldn't want to swim with a whale or anything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow holiday of a lifetime!! Looks like you had so many amazing adventures, how did you manage to fit it all in?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg, great great trip and photos! I love seeing the beach, everythings so beautiful and I love the idea of the bar! Id totally eat lunch there happily or have some cocktails!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wedding and what a vacation!! It must be great to go with the closest friends and family <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW, it sounds like you had an awesome time!! And your first time in the ocean?! That's such a foreign concept for me haha! Also, I feel you on the stingray situation...it sounds like hanging with a stingray would be fun, but then you remember it's a fucking stingray haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. That pool bar looks just like the one at the resort we go to - the Occidental Grand Xcaret. My favorite thing about that resort is that it's adjacent to the Xcaret park...I will walk miles into that park to get the Jaguar Island.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bahaha I'm so glad I found this post. I would have been sad if I missed things such as you scuba diving in a pool and touching starfish. Seriously, though, you take the best trips. Jealous!

    ReplyDelete