A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Green Makeup and Gardening

Summer will soon be over, and while fall is my favourite season of the year, I am always sad at the end of summer because gardening season is over. I find that working in the garden is very relaxing and I like to work on projects that add colourful flowers and foliage to my yard. I currently have a full sun perennial garden, a shade perennial garden and I also plant several containers. Container garden design is one of my favourite hobbies (I'm going to be the best old lady ever, lol!) This year, I planted several shrubs, some Virginia creepers, and various perennial plants. I also grew some fresh herbs in my kitchen. Next year, I will add a few more shrubs, work on improving my shade garden, and I hope to add a prickly pear cactus to my full sun perennial bed. I will also hopefully be adding a vegetable garden to my back yard which will I am super excited about!

Anyway, here are some fun green makeup products and a few pictures of some of my plants!

GREEN MAKEUP


Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil in Freak, MAC Lipglass in Spring Bean, Sugarpill Chromalust in Absinthe, and Aromaleigh Cricket.

GREEN SUMMER EYE LOOK


GRATUITOUS PLANT PHOTOS

Succulents and Cacti

Cobweb Hens and Chicks
Oriental Lilies and Bee Balm/Bergamot
Angelica Sedum and "Black" Calla Lilies
Coleus, Sweet Potato Vine, Irish Moss, and Ornamental Millet

Oxalis, Coleus, and Canna Lilies
Any other gardeners out there? What are you growing this year?

13 comments:

  1. You have quite the green thumb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garden looks so impressive! How neatly the flowers are arranged and the unusual colours they have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get the green thumb thing too! I have a vegetable garden section and that's my relax time~ I'm a little intimidated by green eyeshadows but I have a forest green baked eyeshadow that's making me want to try it out D: not sure how though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite colour is chartreuse so I squealed when I saw this post lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The green really brings out your eyes! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like flowers, but I've never enjoyed gardening or trying to make things grow. My mother and father both tried many times to interest me in vegetable gardening (Dad) and houseplant/flower gardening (Mom), but things just...die when I'm responsible for them. If they can't meow, bark, or climb up on my lap, they're probably not going to get the attention they need.

    My husband though has two rosebushes that he's lovingly tended for several years. The first one (purchased the first holiday we were together) is huge and dominates one window in our apartment. The second is getting bigger every day, and has claimed our pole lamp for a trellis. He's also tried his hand at catnip and wheatgrass with some success in the past. This year, he attempted to grow tomatoes for us and strawberries for the rabbit. The tomato plant got huge but never produced flowers nor fruit. The strawberry plants were doomed from the start. Our cats ate the green sprigs as soon as they'd pop through the dirt.

    Your plants are lovely, though. I especially like the lilies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omg your plants are sooo beautiful! I'm so jealous of your plants! They are so pretty and perfect looking! It's very hard to grow flowers or specialty plants in the super hot and humid weather here! We can grow tropical fruits and green plants very well though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow your containers ARE VERY impressive. For most of my life I've lived in apartments, so I haven't been able to garden. I do love visiting public gardens though. One day, when I get a house with a yard, it'll have the greatest garden ever!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your garden is beautiful - I especially like those black calla lilies! I wish I had a green thumb, but I can barely keep basil alive...sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful Garden. I like flowers, but I've never enjoyed gardening or trying to make things grow. My mother and father both tried many times to interest me in vegetable gardening (Dad) and houseplant/flower gardening (Mom), but things just...die when I'm responsible for them. If they can't meow, bark, or climb up on my lap, they're probably not going to get the attention they need.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your garden is wonderful! The container plantings are spectacular and totally belong in a magazine. Fall kind of makes me sad, too, as I watch all my plants die back. But, it's always fun in spring seeing new growth poke up out of the ground.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Virginia Creeper gives amazing color in the fall, one of my faves

    ReplyDelete