A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Summer Fashions!

Summer will soon be over and it will be time for fall fashions and makeup.....my favourite! It is still really hot and humid here so I've been trying to find ways to dress nicely while staying relatively cool. I like to add some bright colours to my blacks in summer if I can; one of my favourite colours to wear in the summer is orange! Speaking of orange, I got MAC's Lady Danger lipstick last summer and forgot about it......good thing I'm on a year long no-buy! I found this orange-red beauty in my stash and now I see why all the bloggers rave about it....it is AWESOME! Try it on, you'll feel amazing!

SUMMER OUTFITS


Sunglasses: Le Chateau
Lipstick: MAC Lady Danger
Peplum Top and Bag: Zara
Skirt: Buffalo
Watch: Nixon
Shoes: Clarks

I don't usually like strappy, sandal-like shoes but sometimes it's so hot out they are kind of  necessary! I found some black and orange ones on sale at Spring that I couldn't resist. I like to wear them with my long tulip skirt (it kind of has two flaps that come together in the front like a tulip but it is long in the back, you can't really see it with me standing sideways in the picture.) I wanted a pair of orange earrings to go with them and I found some neat vintage ones on Etsy. I wanted them to have black on them as well, so I added a couple of black spikes. Spikes make everything better!


Earrings: MrsFinder on Etsy with added black spikes
Top: Guess
Skirt: Target
Shoes: Spring

I like wearing my orange accessories and shoes with Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Stained Gloss in Androgyne. It is a lot more wearable than it looks!


What colours do you like to wear in the summer?

10 comments:

  1. OOOOOO! You look gorgeous in these outfits! Simply stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow so beautiful! Love the second outfit with the flashes of orange in it. c:

    http://www.opheliaofharts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Buffalo skirt is awesome! ^^ Orange is a fun color; a little too bold for me, but I love seeing it on other people. I usually stick to earth tones and more saturated colors, in summer I wear a lot of white.

    ReplyDelete
  4. now THATS how you wear leopard!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The tulip skirt and orange sandals are a great combo! I stick with my usual black, grey and purple during the summer, but when October arrives, I am hit with a compulsion for orange. Good thing orange goes with black. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sheesh, if I could look half as good as you do in leopard...

    I adore orange and black together, almost as much as I love purple and black. I am with you on the open toe sandals, but when you find a cute pair like that you simply must, heheh ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not a fan of orange in general, but you look good in everything, I guess! My favourite colours in summer are grey and purple in combination with black...

    ReplyDelete