A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Summer Makeup and Outfit

WOW it has been hot outside lately!!! It has been said before but I will say it again: it's hard to dress in an alternative fashion in the summer!! I may not have posted about this much before, but I do really enjoy the retro/pinup sort of style. I also really love to wear dresses; I find that retro style dresses are perfect for looking something resembling put together in the heat.

 I wore this outfit to an outdoor festival where you taste food from a bunch of different restaurants. I kept my makeup simple with plain neutral eyeshadows from Inglot with some demi false lashes just to keep things interesting. I also wore a bit of Tarte Amazonian Clay Bronzer in Park Avenue Princess as my shoulders and arms are rather tan as I have not been vigilant about wearing sunscreen this year (BAD!) I wore my new MAC Sheen Supreme Lipglass Tint which was perfect for eating as it stays on pretty well and is sheer enough that it doesn't look messed up after you eat.

THE LIPS


THE EYES


THE LOOK


To do my hair, I set it in hot rollers and then put it in a loose ponytail. Used a twisty hair scarf from American Apparel as an accessory.

THE OUTFIT


Hair scarf: American Apparel
Dress: Pinup Couture Daisy Dress
Bolero: Pinup Couture
Shoes: Clarkes (My work shoes, not very stylin' but good for walking around)

The dress I wore is super comfortable is great for hot weather! Since I was at the event until the sun went down, I brought along a bolero for when it cooled off. It is small enough that I can fold it up and bring it along in my purse. I have been really enjoying dresses from Pinup Girl clothing lately, I have my eye on a few more dresses to possibly add to my collection.

Do you like vintage/retro style?

12 comments:

  1. Oh, I really like that dress! Man, I want an outdoor food festival. Although it's SO hot here right now (41 C) and I can't really think about standing around outside at the moment, either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. too cute! I love, love LOVE that dress! So flattering on you!

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look cute in everything you wear! I like the rockabilly style on you, although I'm not a fan of headscarfs in general...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great look on you! And I always think of summer when I see pinup and retro fashion :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're so gorgeous! You pull off any look so magnificently.

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely! I don't have the hair or figure to pull off rockabilly/pinup styles...I'm too tiny and no curves. I do love seeing other people in that style though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the look! You look like that pin up girl on the cover of a 50s mag! Love the simple make up and the dress is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yes I love vintage. I have, dare to say, a quite large collection of vintage dresses and accessories. But as I gained weight everything is too small for me now

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look great!! I find it hard to do summer looks but this is really inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute! I also love those twisty headband hair scarf thingies. Whatever they are.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the outfit and make up! Beautiful how the red in the dress and your accessoires go together! ~Tea

    ReplyDelete