A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Monday, August 18, 2014

Worksafe Monday

I haven't posted a work safe makeup look in quite awhile! I have not been doing anything very interesting with my work makeup lately; however, my months of not buying new makeup has got me digging through my stash. I am re-discovering lots of nice things!  Recently I pulled out some shadows from Silk Naturals that have lip-gloss like packaging.  I used them to make a wearable work look that had a bit of colour in it. Often I just end up using taupe, grey, brown, or colours similar to my skin tone for work because I find it hard to use colours for neutral makeup. I think I succeeded in making a work-safe look with a bit of lavender and pale yellowish gold. 

THE EQUIPMENT

Kat Von D Autograph Pencil in Piaf, Tokyomilk Dark Get Lucky Lip Tint, Silk Naturals Angelic, Dainty, and Deviant.
THE COLOURS



I ended up using the lavender colour (Dainty) on my lid, blending out the dark taupe (Deviant) into the crease, and using the pale yellow (Angelic) in the corner of my eye. I used Piaf eyeliner on my lower lashline but left my waterline alone. I used a Tokyomilk Dark lip tint for my lip colour as it is an MLBB sort of shade. It was nice to wear makeup with a bit of colour and shimmer to work for once.

THE EYES

THE LIPS



When you get bored of your everyday makeup, how do you spice things up?


4 comments:

  1. I really wish I had your talent in the makeup department!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your eyeliner is just amazing! Love it so much! Love this look :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this look, very simple but very nice :) the lavender is lovely. I do find it hard sometimes to branch out a bit, I try to just look at my eye shadow pallets and pick the least used ones for something new :)

    ReplyDelete