A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Friday, October 10, 2014

Colourful Cabaret Goth

Sometimes, I fall into makeup ruts. I do not feel very creative sometimes so I end up doing the same things over and over again. For example, If I am going out, I end up defaulting to black/silver/gunmetal eye makeup, false lashes + dark lipstick. While this is great and always works with club outfits, it gets a little OLD sometimes and stifles my creativity in the makeup department. You don't get any better at makeup if you don't try new things! 

Anyway, a while ago, I got a new huge necklace from a local corset shop. 


It has beads on it that sort of have an "oil slick" kind of effect where they shine purple, gold or blue depending on how the light hits them. I thought I would try something a bit more colourful than usual with my makeup; I tried to use the colours of the beads and go for a bit of a duochrome effect. It was definitely not something that I would usually do but I ended up liking it and it felt different and fresh!

FACE: MAC Prep and Prime, MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation in NC15, MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NC15.
BROWS: MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud.
CHEEKS: Tarte Amazonian Clay Bronzer in Park Avenue Princess, NARS The Multiple in Malibu.
LIPS: MAC Smoked Purple.
EYES: Base: UDPP and MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre.
Shadows: Sugarpill Asylum, Persephone Minerals Crucify and Kore, Spellbound By Jynx Athena, and Fyrinnae Steampunk.
Liners: Maybelline Black Liquid Eyeliner, MUFE Aqua liner 11 Diamond Burgundy, Silk Naturals Paranormal with Lise Watier Metamorfix, UD Perversion.
Mascara: Diorshow something or other.
False Lashes: Sonia Kashuk.

THE EQUIPMENT


THE LIPS

OMG shoddy work! Let's see some lip liner next time!!!! Damn you, close up photos!
THE EYES




THE LOOK


THE OUTFIT


Hair Flower: Random gift shop
Necklace and Shrug: Local corset store
Bra: Freya
Corset: Burlesk from Camden Market
Skirt: Lip Service
Stockings: Ebay
Leather Garter: Gift from friend
Shoes: United Nude

Do you ever get stuck in a makeup rut? What sort of looks do you default to when you aren't feeling creative?

9 comments:

  1. Wow! I love how you blend your eye makeup together. WHen I do it, it looks like I have fallen into a makeup box LOL I have very simple makeup. Liquid eyeliner, brow pencil and my favourite shade of dark lipstick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I'm not feeling creative, I just put on neutrals, haha. All the time. And skip lipstick. It's really a very boring face.

    I love the combination of that fierce eye with Smoked Purple! I always want to wear a muted lip when I wear a strong lipstick like that, but I should experiment more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boy, whenever I see your posts I think that I need to prettify for another goth party! Tomorrow is the next one and I might take pictures...

    ReplyDelete
  4. The necklace *swoon*! Looking wonderful my dear! I'm not a 'make up person' even though I wear make up on a daily basis and seems to own more that I "need". When I'm feeling saucy I wear green or blue eyeshadow and everyone notices! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This look really goes with the outfit! Loving this look and that necklace is beautiful. Is the skull a real one?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woot woot! You look very gothyliscious :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wooooo, I love everything from this look :). The lip colour is terrific :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your tights, the outfit is really cute, but holy bosoms, Batman! :D

    ReplyDelete