A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Thursday, December 4, 2014

Colourful Smokey Eye and Glossy Lips

Hello everyone! I haven't been doing a lot of blog-related stuff lately so I apologize for my super late comments on your blogs! I have been doing fun stuff like hosting a hot tub/poker party, learning to cook new recipes, learning to play bridge, reading about carnivorous plants, going to Las Vegas, and getting back into playing video games (because I am such a mature adult)! I also have been busy with not-so-fun stuff like work, a sick cat (she's doing better now) and working on my exercising and running......having a broken toe for 7 weeks that impeded my ability to exercise was NOT good for me!

Anyway, the holiday season is upon us. For many of us, this means going to various parties and family functions. Therefore, I shall be posting some holiday party makeup and outfit ideas featuring mostly my mainstream wardrobe. Many of the functions that I go to at this time of the year are either work or family related and therefore I must dress appropriately.

The outfit and makeup below were done for a wine/whiskey tasting and dinner that a friend of mine organized at a local restaurant. For my makeup, I did a colourful smokey eye and sparkly glossy lips. I think something like this is perfect for holiday parties as it is not too over the top but adds some interest to the classic smokey eye. Sheer glossy lips are great for any party where you will be eating; it is hard to keep very bold or dramatic lip colours looking perfect while eating.

FACE: MAC Prep and Prime, MAC Stuio Fix Fluid Foundation in NC15, MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NC15.
CHEEKS: MAC Coygirl.
BROWS:  MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud.
LIPS: MAC Dazzleglass in Rags to Riches.
EYES: Base: UDPP and MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre.
Shadows: Tarina Tarantino Victorian Punk, L'Oreal Love To Hate Me quad, and probably a couple shades from Naked2.
Liners: Geisha Ink, UD 24/7 pencils in Perversion, Ransom and Psychedelic Sister.
Mascara: Clinique High Impact Mascara.

THE EQUIPMENT


THE LIPS


THE EYES


THE LOOK


THE OUTFIT


Hair Extensions: IKickShins
Earrings: Suzy Shier
Top + Skirt: Zara
Cuff: Le Chateau
Fencenet tights: Ebay
Shoes: Jennifer Chou

THE SHOES


I am in love with these shoes. That is all. 

EARRINGS


I found these cool earrings on sale for $3. I like to shop for statement jewellery in the sale sections at clothing stores that I like. They often have a lot of large pieces on for a good price as it seems many people are afraid of statement jewellery.

Do you like big jewellery? What is your favourite accessory?

10 comments:

  1. I love those shoes, too. And yes to statement jewelry! With my shorter hair, I love big earrings even more now, although I was always a massive fan. They're my favorite way to dress up a look. I have a few pairs from Nordstrom that I love, but I also love buying them from Etsy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hot tub/poker party!!!! that sounds SO awesome. and wow, those shoes are really awesome. It really amazing how put together you always are from head to toe. (and oh, yeah, I love big jewelry. my favorite accessories would probably be my many earrings I wear)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not so keen on big jewelry with normal (non-goth) clothes somehow athough I can't explain why. It certainly looks great on you! I'll also try using more matte eye shadow, it looks much less "in your face" than shimery or sparkly ones...

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOooo love the purple in your lower lash line! I'm in love with UD's eyeliners, they are simply awesome in shade range! I used to wear a lot of big ear rings but now I've realized they're not me, I haven't worn big jewelry in 5 years now! I like small round studs for my ear rings and simple necklaces.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you're back and better! :) love this purple look on you, really brings put your eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your shoes! They're perfect, aww <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my! I love that shade of purple; it looks great on you, and not to mention the heels! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those shoes are crazy! OMG, I would die.

    ReplyDelete