A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Saturday, December 27, 2014

Husband's Work Xmas Party

Hello everyone! I hope you all had great holidays! I have another holiday party look for you today. This one was for my husband's work Xmas party so therefore I kept the makeup toned down. If you know me, you know I have a hard time toning things down so I ended up going ALL OUT ON SPARKLE for my outfit details.  I was going to try to find some subtle jewellery to go with my heavily sequined dress but then I said F*** it and bought a super sparkly necklace (with SPIKES on it!!), earrings, and bangles. With the sparkly necklace there really was no need for the huge earrings but once again, F*** it. SPARKLE ON!!!

FACE: MAC Prep and Prime, MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NC15, MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation in NC15.
BROWS: MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud.
CHEEKS: MAC Coygirl.
LIPS: Gareth Pugh for MAC lipglass in Outrage.
EYES: Base: UDPP and MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre.
Shadows: Inglot Matte, 
Liners: Geisha Ink, UD Perversion, and UZI, Annabelle Glitterama Liquid Eyeliner in Plutonium.
Mascara: Clinique High Impact Mascara.
False Lashes: Ardell Demi's.

THE EQUIPMENT


THE LOOK


THE OUTFIT


Dress: Le Chateau
Earrings, Necklace, Bracelets: Le Chateau
Shoes: Jeffrey Campbell Night Nail
Bag: Vince Camuto

I really enjoy the dress that I found for this party. Being that it is black, it can be used again with different accessories for different events. Also, I believe it is supposed to be a bit longer than knee length which works really well for me. I often find that dresses that are meant to be knee length ride up on me and I don't like to show my upper legs; this one sat just perfectly and didn't ride up when I sat down. Another plus about this dress is the modest neckline and straps. If you have a larger bust, you know how hard it can be to find a party dress that is not strapless and/or doesn't show too much cleavage......not that there is anything WRONG with cleavage but for some events, this just isn't appropriate.
I also really enjoyed using my new evening bag.....me and my friend went shopping at the outlet stores in Las Vegas earlier this year. We found these cool mirrored clutches on sale for like $20. They are perfect for going out!

BAG

SHINY
Let me know if you have been going to any parties and what you have been wearing!

7 comments:

  1. You look gorgeous! No parties for me this holiday season, just lots of pajamas and lip balm :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that bag and that necklace! I'm not wearing much of anything special for the holidays so far, but I wore a black sequined party dress on my birthday a few weeks ago. I wish there were more reasons to get dressed up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You looked liek a hot and sexy disco ball! How can you wear so much glitter and never look tacky? You always do great looks and never go too far, I really admire your skill!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that dress! I haven't had any parties to go too, boo. I wish I had the opportunity to dress up sometimes, but I do also like relaxing at home...haha!

    ReplyDelete