A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Coral Makeup for Cold Weather

A couple of months ago, I read a post on Eye Heart It about wearing more pink lipsticks for the fall  even though pink tones aren't typically associated with fall makeup. It got me thinking about how many of us tend to associate lighter, brighter colours with spring and summer makeup and darker shades for the winter. Personally I tend to wear more pinks, purples, and peach tones in the spring, bright and bold colours in the summer, and tone it back down to greys and dark blues in the fall. For winter I like black and silver and dark, matte lips. Getting into habits gets boring after awhile so I decided to break out of this silly thinking and try some "off-season" colours myself to end a bit of a makeup rut that I was in! Coral is a colour I ALWAYS associate with summer so I decided to give it a try for my fall and winter makeup this year. I think a nice coral lip contrasts nicely with darker, saturated eyeshadow colours that I would normally wear for fall and winter.

FACE: MAC Prep and Prime, MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation in NC15, MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NC15.
BROWS: MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud.
CHEEKS: Too Faced Pink Leopard Bronzing Powder.
LIPS: MAC Kissable Lipcolour in Exxx-hibitionist.
EYES: Base: UDPP and MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre.
Shadows: Smashbox Electric eyeshadow quad.
Liners: Maybelline Black Liquid Eyeliner, UD Perversion, Tarte Skinny SmolderEyes in Purple Garnet and Azurite Green.
Mascara: Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara.



THE LIPS



THE EYES


THE LOOK


Do you tend to get stuck in seasonal makeup colour ruts? What colours have you been enjoying this winter?

6 comments:

  1. You got me at coral! :) I find that corals and warm pinks during the winter brightens both the skin and mood. I know, we're goths. We're supposed to be all dark and brooding; but I just can't help myself. Pops of coral and pink seriously help my SDDs.

    You look beautiful in coral, BTW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did an awesome job with this coral look! I can see how darker and colder weather tends to lend us to doing more dark, cool toned looks as it suits the weather so to speak! I do love wearing brights all year long though but then again we have no winter here in south east asia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely and natural look! I'm not a pastel fan (besides nail polish) but I like the look on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always love your makeup! You have such talent; I wish I could combine colours as well as you do!

    unknownprettylies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the shoutout :) I love that coral lipstick! The finish is perfect for this look, too. Dangit, that's one of MAC's endless limited edition things, isn't it? Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do feel like some colors are associated with only certain seasons, and I definitely get into ruts where I wear the same shades throughout the season. I think I need to pull out some coral colors! P.S. That lipstick has a great name.

    ReplyDelete