A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Thursday, February 12, 2015

BACK 2 MAC

As a reward for my successful 1 year makeup no buy, I rounded up my MAC empties and took them in for 5 free eyeshadows! I have WAY too many MAC lipsticks and I have always hated MAC eyeshadow but thought I would give it another try. Since I tend to start feeling stir-crazy at this time of the winter (I WANT TO GO OUTSIDEEEEEEEEEEEEE) I decided to pick some colours that would look nice for spring work makeup. My work makeup has been HEAVILY neutral lately and I need to practice adding a bit of colour to my looks without going completely overboard.

THE SHADOWS


I wanted some interesting neutral shades as well as some purples that I could use for work. I LOVE purple eyeshadow but many of the shades I have don't tend to be useful for work makeup. I went with Filament and Vex for my neutrals and Beautiful Iris and Parfait Amour for my purples. Then I saw the bright, sparkly teal of Aquadisiac and my work makeup dreams went out the window!

SHADOWS

From left to right: Vex, Beautiful Iris, Aquadisiac, Filament, and Parfait Amour.
SWATCHES

From left to right: Aquadisiac, Beautiful Iris, Filament, Parfait Amour, and Vex.
Despite the loudness and sparkle-ness of Aquadisiac, I have actually managed to use it with Vex in some nice, toned-down work makeup. Filament is a bit of a glitterbomb; it does, however, look really awesome over other eyeshadows as a middle of the lid/corner of the eye highlight. Vex is a kind of really light taupe with an opalescent pink shimmer. It is one of those eyeshadows that I can use for a one-shadow look. It also plays well with lots of other colours so I have used it a ton for work already. When the lighting starts to get better, I shall post some spring-y makeup (as you can see from the above photos, the light SUCKS here in the winter!)

WHO ELSE IS READY FOR SPRING MAKEUP UP IN HERE????

4 comments:

  1. Ahhh, your new shades are fantastic! I can't wait to see what you'll do with aquadisiac and parfait amour! I'm not sure if I could survive a one year no buy! You must be soo proud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, fun! I am not a huge fan of MAC eyeshadows either, but I hear they do have some gems in the permanent line - everyone always raves about Vex. I like to put a little bit of color in the crease or lightly in the middle of the lid if I'm trying to be subtle, but I think some of the softer colors like you have here can be used more liberally, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Parfait Amour is one of my favorite purples of all time. Mine is pretty ancient. I should probably invest in a new one.

    ReplyDelete