A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Monday, March 16, 2015

Twiggy

Hello, everyone. I have not been on the computer much lately so I apologize for any late comments on people's blogs. I have been having a difficult time lately due to the death of one of my cats 2 weeks ago. She suddenly became ill in November and we tried many different treatments and saw many different vets. Unfortunately, she was not improving so we had to make a tough decision. This has hit me very hard because she followed me around everywhere while I was at home and she was only 7 years old so I was not expecting to have to deal with this so soon. Also, our other cat, whom we got as a tiny kitten, has never lived without her and he has not been doing very well. It is hard to watch. My house feels very empty without her.

Twiggy "helping" me take blog photos.
I couldn't bring myself to post about this until now...the more times you say it out loud, the more real it becomes. My heart goes out to anyone out there who has lost one of their furry friends, it is absolutely devastating.

13 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry. Losing a furry fellow is so heartbreaking. They do say that getting another pet fairly soon does help, and it would provide company for your other kitty. I definitely feel for you - just thinking about the short life spans of fluffies makes me depressed. sending lots of sympathy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry for your loss, I remember the time when I lost my last cat. It was horrible! I hope that both you and your kitty will feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry for your loss. My childhood cat died 5 years ago...and I still think about her every day. They're our babies...

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear about your loss. I have loss many furbabies along the way. I used to own 5 cats and now there are only two.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very sorry for your loss my dear. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry for your loss, dear gal. Sending you lots of love and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My deepest sympathies. I'm barely holding it together as my elderly dog is approaching the threshold... I can only imagine the amount of strength needed to actually face the loss. I am so very sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh sweet lady , i so know how you feel . My heart is with you and your other kitty .
    There are no words i can say , i only can think of you . I'm almost crying now , because i have think of my own furbaby that i've lost so recently . If you feel the need , i'm just an email away ... Hugs xoxo
    RIP Twiggy , i'm sure my little Luna will take care of you in catheaven ...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so sorry for your loss. Our pets are members of the family so I can imagine how you must feel. It must be hard in your other cat too :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so sorry for your loss. Saying goodbye to a furball friend is incredibly hard, and my thoughts are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sorry about your kitty- a great cat is such an amazing companion. We still miss one we lost 6 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so sorry, Vulcan. Losing a pet is heartbreaking. Take your time and be gentle with yourself. Sending love and light your way.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh , dear. I'm so sorry for your loss. A cat is something special, they are babies, familymembers and honest friends.

    ReplyDelete