A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Friday, April 10, 2015

80's Night

Where I live, there is a semi-regular 80's pop music dance night. I enjoy going to this as it gives me an excuse to wear neon, crimp my hair, and dance like an idiot to "When Doves Cry." For this particular evening, I didn't feel like doing anything too special with my eye makeup which is unusual for me. I decided to add some teal eyeliner for good measure as my manager at work said she used to wear it all the time in the 80's. These photos are from quite some time ago, my hair has gotten a lot longer since then!

FACE: MAC Prep and Prime, MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation in NC15, MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NC15.
BROWS: MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud.
CHEEKS: MAC Coygirl.
LIPS: MAC for Gareth Pugh Lipglass in Outrage.
EYES: Base: UDPP and MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre.
Shadow: Sephora Starry Sky No 7, Garter Belt from Too Faced Boudoir Eyes.
Liner: UD Perversion and Covet, Maybelline Black Liquid Eyeliner.
Mascara: Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Lash Extending Treatment Mascara.

THE EQUIPMENT


THE LIPS


THE EYES


THE LOOK


THE OUTFIT


Earrings: World of Trout.
Necklace: Forever 21.
Clutch and Shoes: Aldo.
Tights: Ebay.
Dress: American Apparel.
Belt: Le Chateau.

What are some of your favourite 80's tunes?

5 comments:

  1. Omg awesome. I've been wanting to crimp lately myself

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your dress, omg, i think the last time i saw crimped hair WAS in the 80s!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely look! I seriously love teal and need to wear it more often on my eyes! Totally fan of the neon yellow pops of color! That clutch is sooo darling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i really love 80's nights - even though best when they come with a dark touch XD you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look pretty hot for an 80s party! I have to admit I'm not a fan of the 80s, living through them once is more than enough...

    ReplyDelete