A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Saturday, April 25, 2015

Back to the Future

Where I live, there is a beautiful art gallery that holds regular themed parties. The party I went to recently had a theme of "Back to the Future"... most people interpreted the theme by dressing in retro clothing from different eras. I was one of very few who dressed in a futuristic manner. It is always interesting to see how everyone interprets the theme with their outfits; some people do amazing things! There is always food served, activities to participate in, and there are DJ's you can dance or you can go through the gallery to look at all the art. 

THE EQUIPMENT

Sugarpill Tiara, MAC Nightmoth lip pencil, A Hot Mess Cosmetics Blush in Last Day on Earth.
I didn't do too much with my makeup; I just used some good old black and silver eyeshadow, some blush that I mixed up and MAC Nightmoth Lip Pencil.
For my hairstyle, I did a 4-bun mohawk which I saw in a picture of the Marc by Marc Jacobs NYFW show. I HATE having my hair down and it wasn't that hard to do so this was a great style for me!

THE OUTFIT


Shrug and Skirt: Lip Service
Long Sleeve Shirt: Le Chateau
Top: Zara
Tights: H&M
Shoes: Jennifer Chou

THESE ARE LIKE MY FAVOURITE SHOES EVER!!



Unfortunately, even though it was "spring" at the time of the event, I ended up walking through, like, a FOOT of snow with these on. When I got into the venue, the first thing that I did was slip on the floor in front of EVERYONE as the soles have no grip. EPIC FAIL. It is not good to wear an obnoxious pair of shoes and fall off of them the first second you walk through the door!

Have you ever taken a fall off of some awesome shoes when you were out? Do tell me that I am not the only person who embarrasses myself in public!

11 comments:

  1. Gah I almost bought that skirt!! It looks awesome (I ended up buying the dress). And those shoes are amazing!!! This is so something I'd wear. Lol I've got shoe fails. I wear super high platforms at work and they all joke that I'm going to fall over one day... And that day came, of course

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I saw the first pictures, I was going to ask you for pictures of the shoes. Thanks for including more details about them, although they were a bit embarassing to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool outfit! And those shoes are pretty but I'm really bad at wearing heels so I end up embarrassing myself pretty much every time i attempt to wear them
    ...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool outfit! And those shoes are pretty but I'm really bad at wearing heels so I end up embarrassing myself pretty much every time i attempt to wear them
    ...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool outfit! And those shoes are pretty but I'm really bad at wearing heels so I end up embarrassing myself pretty much every time i attempt to wear them
    ...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. You. Look. Amazing. Yes, I have fallen...many, many, many times. People would say, "We'll if you didn't wear such ridiculous shoes!". Hey, we like to live dangerously! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have definitely fallen and looked ridiculous and felt ridiculous, usually when wearing really basic and boring shoes. YOUR shoes are worth it, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, I would love to attend themed parties or an event! I haven't been to a party in such a long time! Your outfit is totally futuristic and I LOVE the shoes! I would never buy them but they are sooo fabulous! That's terrible that the shoes had no grip and you fell! Glad you weren't hurt! :p

    ReplyDelete
  9. So insanely cool, I have no words...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean the way you look of course, falling is definitely not cool. :) stupid alluring heels.... ;)

      Delete
  10. So insanely cool, I have no words...

    ReplyDelete