A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Thursday, April 30, 2015

Random MAC Swatches

Spring Cleaning swatch time. Here are some random MAC Lipsticks that I aqcuired a long time ago and never posted (thank you, Back 2 MAC!)

Oh, how I love MAC lipsticks! They come in a million beautiful colours and finishes, the formulations are always great, and I feel awesome whenever I am wearing one of them!

MAC BLACK KNIGHT AND LADY DANGER


DAMN, Lady Danger is awesome! It is this bright orange-ish retro-yet-modern looking red. It took me forever to get this one but I see now why it gets raved about on blogs left and right. Black Knight is alright as far as black lipsticks go; however, it is a bit sheer and slippery as it is a Satin finish. It would be best to wear it over a lip pencil of some sort.


MAC MODESTY, ROCKER, and SAIGON SUMMER



From left to right: Modesty, Rocker, and Saigon Summer.
I picked out Modesty and Saigon Summer so I could wear some lipstick to work, which I don't often do. Modesty is, well, modest enough for work but I feel it is not QUITE right on me for some reason. It is passable and I wear it, but I feel like I could have picked something more flattering (I am really bad at picking out neutral lipsticks that play well with my skintone.) Saigon Summer is a nice peachy orange that, once again, looks a bit off on me. It looks nice with some coloured gloss over it but that renders it too fussy for work. I shall be cracking it out for some spring looks soon!  Rocker is an awesome berry shade with sparkle that I wear to go out all the time.

MAC MODESTY

Old picture here. Pardon my looking like shit, I can tell I took this before work/early in the morning/pre-coffee.
MAC ROCKER


MAC RIRI WOO AND NIGHTMOTH LIP PENCIL


Dear MAC Cosmetics,

Your lipsticks are awesome. Stop naming them so irritatingly (See: Candy Yum Yum, RiRi Woo.)

Thank you.

Anyway, Riri Woo, which sounds like nails down a chalkboard when I say it out loud, is SUPER SUPER DRY. DO NOT WEAR THIS IF YOU HAVE DRY LIPS. It is a Retro Matte finish and WOW it is dry. However, it looks delightfully retro and matte when you have it on and is perfect for pin-up makeup.

ALL HAIL NIGHTMOTH LIP PENCIL


I was never much of a lip pencil person but got tempted in to getting Nightmoth after seeing it on blogs. OH MY STARS, I am in LOVE with it!!! It is so edgy and chic. I never would have worn a lip pencil by itself before but I wear this all the time! If you goth about, this is an excellent thing to have around for clubbing because it is so long-wearing and looks awesome with a wide variety of eye makeup.

SWATCHES



What is your favourite MAC lipstick? Do you like any of their pencils?

DISCLAIMER: ALL PRODUCTS PURCHASED BY ME PRIOR TO MY NO BUY. ALL OPINIONS ARE MY OWN.

2 comments:

  1. I love Lady Danger - that's the only one I have out of these. I agree, it's hard to find a good neutral, wearable lip shade! I like to stick to the balm-y sort of ones that are kind of sheer, as I think that helps, but a lot of the "neutral" shades are too dull and age me. I'm on a quest for some nice ones, myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. damn those are some hair falls!!! and good idea about the lip pencils...I think i might try to go pencil-only. I absolutely hate the feeling of any product on my lips, but I've got to wear something...

    ReplyDelete