A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Sunday, April 12, 2015

Random Swatches: Tarte

Spring is here again.......and when spring comes along I get into SPRING CLEANING MODE. Therefore, I am cleaning a bunch of old stuff out of my blogging folder. Today, we shall see some late-to-the party swatches of some Tarte stuff. I believe I bought this stuff in 2013....

Tarte is one of my favourite makeup brands. Their makeup is of excellent quality and their packaging is gorgeous.  Way back when, I bought their Stop and Stare gift set when it was on sale at Sephora. It contained Lights, Camera, Flashes Statement Mascara, 2 SmolderEYES Amazonian Clay waterproof liners, and 3 Skinny SmolderEYES Amazonian Clay waterproof liners.

THE GOODS


The mascara is good for separating lashes but doesn't add much volume. I also found that it flaked off on me, which I do not care for. Also, the little brush bristles were SHARP. If you poke yourself in the eye with this baby, it hurts. (You'd think I would be above doing that by now since I've been wearing enough makeup to choke a horse for the last 10 + years)


SKINNY SMOLDEREYES

From top to bottom: Onyx, Purple Garnet, and Azurite Green.

These I REALLY like, especially Azurite Green. They are PERFECT for fall makeup and they make great liners for when I want a coloured wing on my upper lashline instead of black. The black liner is great for smudging and is highly pigmented. Purple garnet is a brownish plum with gold and purple sparkles in it. 

SMOLDEREYES

Top to bottom: Rose Gold, Taupe.
They call these eyeliners, but they are really too fat to be used as such. I use them like an eyeshadow pencil or a base for eyshadow. Once again, these are great for fall makeup.

EYEBALL

Eye makeup featuring Tarte Lights, Camera, Flashes Statement Mascara, & Azurite Green, Rose Gold, and Purple Garnet liners.
TARTE LIPSURGENCE



I also really enjoy the Lipsurgence pencils from Tarte. They come in a wide variety of shades and finishes. They are easy to apply and comfortable to wear. 

Top to bottom: Lust, Swank

Are you a fan of the Tarte brand? What are some of your favourite Tarte products?

DISCLAIMER: All items purchased by me in 2013 prior to my NO BUY. 

2 comments:

  1. I used up one of those chubby pencils - I agree, they're too fat for liners, but they did make a great base! And LOL, I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who is still poking myself in the eye with a mascara wand. I also get concealer in my eye pretty often, which sucks when it is MAC's waterproof prolongwear and I wear contacts...ugh. Such a doofus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The liners look awesome, I love how matte they are!

    ReplyDelete