A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Thursday, April 23, 2015

Random Swatches: Too Faced

Today's Spring Cleaning Swatches will be Too Faced products. Too Faced has been one of my favourite makeup brands since my friend got me some of their stuff as a gift. They make excellent quality products in pretty packaging; they also make some of my daily staples such as their Pink Leopard Bronzing Powder.

TOO FACED SHADOW INSURANCE


I had to try this out to see how it compares to my beloved Urban Decay Primer Potion. For me, UDPP is the winner. UDPP has a much drier texture which works better for me as I have oily eyelids. It's not that it doesn't work, it just doesn't hold out for as long. 

BOUDOIR EYES PALETTE


I LOVE this palette! Ironically, I use the "Boudoir" palette for my day to day work looks. There are some lovely purple/mauve/taupe/grey neutrals in it which are great for making more "interesting" daytime looks. I have already completely used up Fuzzy Handcuffs. My only complaint about this palette is Sugar Walls; it is a beautiful colour but it is the WORST glitterbomb ever! I wore it to work once and by lunchtime I had fine glittter all over my FACE. NOT a good look for work per se.

SWATCHES

From left to right: In the Buff, Fuzzy Handcuffs, Voulez-Vous, Satin Shorts, Sugar Walls, Garter Belt, Birthday Suit, Lap Dance, and French Tickler. 
PLUMP, GLOSS, AND GLOW GIFT SET


This lovely little gift set came with Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara, Lip Injection Colour Bomb! in Never Enough Nude, and Sweethearts Perfect Flush Blush in Candy Glow. I really like the mascara, it gives great volume and length with somewhat of a messy finish. Is is better than sex? Depends on who you are having sex with. The blush gives a really nice semi-neon semi-pastel pop of colour and I wear it quite frequently. The lip pencil is a lovely colour but the whole "lip injection" thing causes a bit of an issue for me. There is something in it which causes blood vessels in the lips to engorge and thus produce a plumping effect (it DOES really do this, I swatched it on my arm and when I washed it off there was a bright red patch of skin underneath!) However, I find that it sometimes causes redness AROUND my lips which makes it look like a five-year old coloured your lips outside of the lines or something. Not a good look.

SWATCHES

Colour Bomb! Lip Injection in Never Enough Nude, and the 3 colours in the blush swatched separately, which makes no sense as they all swirl together. Hm.
Are you a Too Faced Fan? What is your favourite product of theirs?

DISCLAIMER: All products purchased by me prior to my NO BUY, all opinions are my own.

2 comments:

  1. I do not own anything from Two Faced as they are not available in Germany. Ordering overseas is so expensive, I'd have to love something to death to order...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wooow, I love it! Enjoy the week honey!

    I invite you to join my worldwide giveaway: Polka dots dress

    Do you want to follow each other? Let me know and I'll do the same:
    My blog | Bloglovin | Facebook

    (っ◕‿◕)っ♥

    ReplyDelete