A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Spring Makeup: Antique Gold

When it comes to metallics, I am usually a silver tone person. Gold was never really my THANG, though I do wear it every now and then. Lately, for some reason, I have been attracted to antique/neutral golds rather than yellow, brassy, in-your-face sorts of gold tones that I would normally pick. I recently got a nice tunic top from Plastik Wrap that has a cute gold searhorse and tentacle print on it that inspired me to try some gold makeup. I also dug through my jewelry stash for some earrings that I bought to go with a shirt that got wrecked a long time ago. I love when I hold on to an old accesory/piece of clothing and find a new use for it later! I wore this look to go to a casual dinner party at a friend's place.

THE EQUIPMENT


L'Oreal Colour Infallible eyeshadow in Sahara Treasure, Camo Glam eyeshadow (made by an independent company that I do not believe exists anymore), and MAC Cremesheen Glass in Jet Boy.

THE EYES




THE LOOK


Earrings: Local Clothing Store
Top: Plastik Wrap

Have you resurrected any items from your wardrobe lately?

3 comments:

  1. So pretty and simple! I've loved looking at antique golden shades on other ladies but I personally don't wear many myself! I love those ear rings and how they go with the eyeshadow so well! I usually think of beautiful mysterious long haired boho looking ladies when I think antique gold! Far from my style although I can see it being a shade so easy to wear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those kind of gold shades, too. I should dig them out again - they always go really well with summer makeup - all the bright lipsticks and things.

    I haven't really resurrected anything from my wardrobe, but I did do a massive cleaning and got rid of things that I'd been holding on to for too long! That felt good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, I haven't...usually if I'm not wearing it, there's a reason. I've tried to revive a few pieces, but no. It's usually when I buy something cheap because it's cheap. I am absolutely digging your makeup. The gold eyeshadow is so glamorous.

    ReplyDelete