A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Spring Purple Makeup

When spring rolls around, I always feel like wearing purple eye makeup. I have been trying to practice my work-safe coloured eye makeup skills lately. Often, when I bring out colourful eyshadow, I tend to go a bit overboard. Today's makeup is something I would wear both to work or on a day off. 

FACE: MAC Prep and Prime, MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation in NC15, MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NC15.
BROWS: MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud.
CHEEKS: MAC Mineralize Blush in Sakura.
LIPS: MAC Dazzleglass in Rags to Riches.
EYES: Base: UDPP and MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre.
Shadows: Voulez-Vous from the Too Faced Boudoir Eyes palette, MAC Vex, Parfait Amour, and Beautiful Iris, Inglot AMC 73 and 74.
Liners: Geisha Ink, UD Perversion and Asphyxia, and MAC Pearlglide Eyeliner in Rave.
Mascara: Clinique High Impact Mascara.

THE EQUIPMENT


THE LIPS


THE EYES


THE LOOK


Necklace: Eyescream Jewelry

Do you have any favourite purple eyeshadows?

3 comments:

  1. This is such a soft and pretty look :) very seasonal! And I definitely struggle with the colours too sometimes, it can be hard to use colours without going a bit crazy with it but this look hits the balance between work and play perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yes! I think keeping the lip colors soft helps a lot, too, so that's usually what I do if I end up going a touch overboard with eye colors. Or mixing in a brown and a color! But it's easy to fall into the "all brown" neutrals for work vs. ALL THE COLORS for play, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't wear much colour during work days, at most some colourful eyeliner. But all of my colleagues wear no makeup at all and I don't want to overdo it!

    ReplyDelete