A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Korean Skincare: Momomango

Hello THAR. Today I am posting about some Korean skincare products that I have tried. A couple of years ago, I came across the website momomango.com. I have ordered from the website several times and have always had a good experience.  They package all of your stuff with a personal note in the box and include candies and samples which are nice little details. 


One of the things I had been wanting to try was BB cream. I have been looking for YEARS for a tinted moisturizer with SPF or something that I can just throw on for the rare days that I don't wear full makeup.


The first one I tried was Skinfood's Good Afternoon Peach Green Tea. It has a nice scent to it which I thought might irritate my skin but it was fine. In fact, it felt very nice on my face, had a great texture, and made my skin seem nicer after I removed it. It even played well with my oily skin. The most glaring problem with it was the tone; it was just not right for my skin colour, it is much too pink. I used it as a facial sunscreen for doing yardwork as it does not clog my pores like a lot of sunscreens do. I would purchase this again if it came in a tone that would work with my skin.


I also tried some Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream in No 21. I did not like it at all. It was too thick and almost goopy in texture and did not seem to work with my oily skin. It also was the wrong colour, which seems to be my issue with BB creams; it made my skin look very grey. It also smelled bad so I got rid of it. I also tried out some mini BB creams from Skin79. All of them had irridescent/shimmery ingredients in them so I use them routinely as cream highlighters for my more involved makeup looks (they work very well for this purpose!)


I also tried a few more products from Skin Food. I really liked the Tomato Jelly Lip Tint. It resides in my drawer at work because it is sheer and helps me out when I have dry as hell lips in the winter at work.  I also tried the Fermented Pomegranate Whitening Sleeping Mask. I cannot comment on the whitening aspect as I was not using it for that purpose but it makes a lovely overnight cream for when it is super dry out in the winter. My favourite product that I tried was the Black Sugar cleansing oil. I always thought that a cleansing oil would be bad for someone with mostly oily but sometimes peely-dry skin; however, I find that it removes my makeup really well and does not leave any oily residue. LOVE IT. I would definitely highly recommend trying skincare stuff from Skin Food. The quality you get for the price is AWESOME!

What are your favourite Korean skincare products? Can you recommend a good BB cream or tinted moisturizer with SPF?

*DISCLAIMER: All products purchased by me, all opinions are my own. I linked to the momomango website as I had a good experience with them, not because this is a sponsored review*

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a mix of products there! I use Pond's BB cream and really get on with it, and I think Ponds is a KoreaN brand too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a mix of products there! I use Pond's BB cream and really get on with it, and I think Ponds is a KoreaN brand too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dr. Jart makes some BB creams that are available at Sephora, that all have sunscreen in them. I'm using a Bare Minerals one that I do really like, but might be a bit much for oily skin. It Cosmetics also makes a CC cream that has sunscreen in it that isn't bad, and Clinique does, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like your Missha Perfect Cover may have been either expired and gone off or fake, it should not be goopy! I have oily skin and love this BB cream because it doesn't break up and get patchy or melt off. I started ordering it direct from Missha because so many sites are selling expired or fake stuff and I got some really bad crap (2 years expired and smelled rancid!).

    If you haven't given up on this BB cream entirely try shade 13, it's a lot warmer.

    ReplyDelete