A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Pastel Makeup

When I first tried out my Galaxy Chic palette, my eyes were initially drawn to the bright colours. After staring at the shiny shadows for awhile, I eventually decided to try out a pastel look for a change. Spring flowers were starting to appear everywhere so it just felt right. 

FACE: MAC Prep and Prime, MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation in NC15, MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NC15. 
BROWS: MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud. 
CHEEKS: MAC Mineralize Blush in Sakura.
LIPS: BH Cosmetics Galaxy Chic Lipgloss.
EYES: Base: UDPP and MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre.
Shadows: From the BH Cosmetics Galaxy Chic palette: Milky Way, Cosmic, Meteor, Comet, Moon, and Eclipse. 
Liners: Geisha Ink, UD Asphyxia.
Mascara: Clinique High Impact Mascara.

THE EQUIPMENT


THE EYE


THE LOOK


On this particular day, I had some boring errands to run and wasn't in the mood for getting too dressed up. However, I HATE looking casual and I HATE wearing sweat pants/yoga pants, etc. in public when I am feeling lazy. I have found a solution to this problem, it is one that my mother has named "the sweat skirt." Simply find a long, flowing, comfortable, preferably elastic-waisted skirt (this sort of thing is in style right now!!) and pair it with a comfortable top other than a t-shirt and you look like you kind of tried but you are just as comfortable as you would be in sweat pants and a t-shirt. For some reason, I find that wearing a skirt tends to make one look dressed up regardless of how comfy it is. AW YEAH. For this look, I wore at tulip skirt from Target and a nice tunic with a keyhole cutout in the back and chiffon cowl by Plastik Wrap. Once again, the tunic is just as comfortable as a t-shirt, but the print and cowl and such give it a bit of style.

THE OUTFIT


Earrings: Le Chateau
Top: Plastik Wrap
Skirt: Target
Boots: Brown's Shoes

What is your go-to look when you are feeling casual?

5 comments:

  1. Those earrings are awesome. I like the idea of a sweat skirt. Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently bought this BH Galaxy Chic palette , but i haven't used it yet ... It looks so pretty and i love the look you have done here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those earrings! I think earrings can dress up a casual/slouchy outfit, too, which is a tactic I go for often, haha! I usually just throw on a pair of jeans and a tee when I am running about, or a casual dress (I love casual dresses now, despite hating them as a kid). But a nice, slouchy skirt is a good option, as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are certain point in our life that we encounter failure but it doesn't mean you will lose hope and give up everything but it only means that every failure there's an exchange and that is new beginning. Well, thank you for sharing your article and keep on posting. Visit my site too for more information.

    triciajoy.com

    www.triciajoy.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Make-up without lipstick is like wearing nothing. Thanks for sharing our article with us.

    triciajoy.com

    www.triciajoy.com

    ReplyDelete