A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Spring Makeup: Pops of Colour!

Well the weather here is finally starting to get a bit nicer!  <<< That sentence was written yesterday after I spent most of my day outside doing yard work and tending to my garden. 
Here's what it looks like in my back yard today:


WTF??????? GO AWAY SNOW, YOU ARE GOING TO KILL ALL MY PLAAAAAAAAAAANTSSS and TREEEEEEES!!!!

Okay, I am done. Just needed to get that out of my system. 

When the weather gets nicer When I start feeling depressed because it was nice enough to do yard work in a t-shirt yesterday and today it is snowing and killing all of my plants, I like to add pops of colour to my makeup because of all the good energy I get from being able to enjoy the nice weather to cheer myself up and distract myself from the piece of sh*t weather. A few of my favourite things that I have been wearing a lot this spring are Too Faced Sweethearts Perfect Flush Blush, Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner pencils in lots of bright colours, and OCC Stained Glosses. 

THE EQUIPMENT

OCC Stained Gloss in Jealous, Urban Decay 24/7 liner in Electric, and Too Faced Sweethearts Perfect Flush Blush in Candy Glow.
THE LOOK


Necklace: Bebe

At the time of writing, even MORE snow has fallen than in the above picture and it continues to fall. Yes, I am Canadian so I shouldn't really be having a fit over snow but it was 17 degrees C outside yesterday, I AM DONE WITH SNOW ALREADY!! 

Does the weather suck where you live right now?

6 comments:

  1. Right now it's 84 degrees F (that's 28 C, according to Google) and sunny.

    *ducks flying shoe*

    Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ack! Boooooo to that snow. Yes to the wearing pops of color when the weather sucks. I hope your plants survive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha! Oh my, that's not very nice that the snow is getting over all your lovely plants!! I'm glad you're getting color into your looks! I haven't worn many colorful looks recently but I totally will be so soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. dude where do you live? It's got to warm up soon. it's May!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our weather has been sucking too- we usually get 300 days of sunshine a year but it has rained every day for nearly a month. There is so much mud and it's supposed to snow tonight! Then the forecast is rain for the next week. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man, snow. Having just moved to the east coast now, I know I have to brace myself for this at some point. UGH. I hate snow.

    But I like the bright shades! I resort to that during winter, too. It's the best way to cheer myself up.

    ReplyDelete