A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Melt Cosmetics 6six6

Well hello there! Today I am going to talk about Melt Cosmetics. They have a lovely selection of weird-coloured lipsticks. The first one that caught my eye was the bright blue DGAF but I figured I would get more use out of 6six6 so I bought that one instead (and DGAF tends to be sold out on their website most of the time). I got this lipstick a long time ago and it has served me well, especially for clubbing. It is also a great fall lipstick if you are not afraid of dark colours and you enjoy wearing things that were trendy (i.e. oxblood) like 2 years ago as I am wont to do!

PACKAGING


If you were eyeballing any of these, I would recommend going for it and getting one. The quality is excellent, the packaging is nice, and they send you a cute little pocket mirror to put in your tiny clubbing purse! They are a bit pricey but the quality is definitely there and they have colours that you can't quite find anywhere else.

LIPSTICK


SWATCH


Here is the lipstick in action, this is from something I never posted as my makeup photos did not turn out and my outfit photo didn't either - note the dreaded static cling that always plagues me! My skirt ruffles are stuck to the inside of my knee -FAIL! Also my hair was SO full of static with flyaways everywhere, it was just not my day!

OUTFIT


Shrug: Lip Service
Bra top: Il Bolero (Montreal)
Corset: Deadly Couture
Peplum Belt: Artifice Clothing
Skirt: 
Tights: Ebay
Boots: Demonia

In other news, I was listed upon Black Rose UK's 15 Unrivalled Goth Fashion Blogs of 2015! That was very nice of them to do considering that my outfit photos are constantly plagued by static-cling, marginal photography skills, resting bitch face, awkward posing, weird red-eye photo editing, and staring into space!  Do check out their list, there are many other excellent bloggers listed that I have followed and admired for quite some time!

Best Goth Fashion Blog 2015

Have a great Wednesday!

8 comments:

  1. "Resting bitch face" haha love it! And I love your blog, who cares if the photography skills aren't perfect because there are so many blogs out there with intimidating quality it is nice to feel like you are a real person and not a "flawless internet personality" go you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Resting bitch face" haha love it! And I love your blog, who cares if the photography skills aren't perfect because there are so many blogs out there with intimidating quality it is nice to feel like you are a real person and not a "flawless internet personality" go you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo, that's awesome! I think your outfits are always fabulous, and you always look amazing! Also, ugh, photography is mostly about the equipment, I think, and I never want to spend tons of $$$ on that stuff when I could be spending it on shoes, instead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! And you absolutely deserve it, your outfits and makeup are beautiful and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. very nice lipstick. I love the color and also your outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you look fantabulous. Remember me? :)

    ReplyDelete