A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Monday, June 8, 2015

Worksafe Monday

 As I have said before, I had to learn to dress in a more conservative style due to my job. At first, I felt rather uncomfortable in my work wear but over the years, I have come to enjoy making outfits that are work-appropriate yet still have a bit of my own style in them.
One thing that I have and always will be attracted to is ANIMAL PRINT. If I can find something leopard-print that I can wear to work, I'm a happy lady because this means I will usually like it enough to wear it outside of work as well! I love having pieces that can cross over from my work wardrobe into my daywalking wardrobe.
The outfit below is something I wear to work; I like the flowy-ness of the skirt and the leopard print enough that I also wear it when I need something comfortable to run summer errands like going to the greenhouse! The shirt is great for hot days as well as it is open in the back!

ACCESSORIES


I found this old bracelet while digging through my accessories. The earrings were obtained from an alternative craft fair that I went to with my friend when visiting my home city. They are made out of wood......the lady who made them informed me that they are full of good energy because they are made of wood she found AT THE BOTTOM OF A STREAM. Apparently, this is very important. The lipstick I was wearing is MAC Summer Shower, which shows up as sheer, shiny, iridescence on the lips.

OUTFIT


Sunglasses: GUESS
Earrings: From an alternative craft fair
Top: Express
Skirt: Target
Bracelet: Le Chateau
Shoes: Walmart

Ooooh! I am suffering from particularly poor picture quality today! Lame! Also, maybe I could paint my freakin' toenails since it is summer up in here!

SHOES


I was particularly pleased to find these shoes! I was eyeballing a very similar pair that was quite expensive, I found these at WM for $25! Usually when I buy inexpensive shoes I regret it as they often end up being hugely uncomfortable......for some reason, these are super comfortable! I have trouble finding shoes that are comfortable to walk in yet are not too hot for summer so these are just great. For the price, it won't be the end of the world if I wreck them from walking around in them all the time either. 

Have you found any good deals lately?

3 comments:

  1. How come you look cool in everything? I never look this hot during the heat...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was never into animal print before, but lately I find myself picking up a few things here and there - I bought a snakeskin print blouse that's sort of pastel pink and brown, and I like it quite a bit. Good deals? Hm...I bought some sports bras (wildly exciting, I know) because Victoria's Secret had a buy 2 get 1 sale. I kind of like their sports bras because they're not as chunky or super restrictive (I don't have much in the way of a chest anyway, LOL) so I feel a little more comfortable, especially when doing things that require a huge range of motion like rock climbing or aerial arts.

    ReplyDelete