A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Friday, August 21, 2015

HUGE Earrings, Summer-y Makeup

In a few weeks, summer will be officially over and we get into my favourite season of the year - FALL!! I have probably complained about summer on here before......I always prefer fall makeup and clothing and I CANNOT STAND hot weather!! I often have nothing to wear in the summer due to my heat sensitivity. Most types of summer fashions just do NOT work on me. Strappy tops that you cannot wear bras with and super tiny shorts are just not flattering to my body type.

This year, the fashion gods have given me a break and a chance to expand my summer wardrobe. LONG SKIRTS, MIDI SKIRTS, and MAXI DRESSES were everywhere!! Also, I found a lot of BLACK THINGS!! AWWWW YEAHHHHH! *ahem* I LOVE clothing with MOVEMENT that flows when you walk! Also, flow-y things keep one well ventilated whilst providing the coverage that one with a curvier body type may prefer.

The outfit below was worn to go out for a pasta dinner with some friends. The dress is long but it has ventilation so it is great for summer. It is also a great basic piece; I have worn it many times this summer with different accessories and shoes.....it goes with LOTS of other things in my wardrobe! It is like wearing a different dress every time! The earrings that I wore with it are HUGE - I love me some statement jewelry! They also hang down on your shoulders so they kind of double as neck jewelry.  I tried to do some lighter makeup since it is summer; I took my inspiration from the iridescent beads on the earrings.

FACE: MAC Prep and Prime, MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation in NC15, and MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NC15.
BROWS: MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud.
CHEEKS: MAC Coygirl Blush.
LIPS: MAC Lipstick in Purple Rite.
EYES: Base: UDPP and MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre.
Shadows: MAC Vex, MAC Pink Opal Pigment, Sugarpill Lumi, and Voulez-Vous, Lap Dance, and Birthday Suit from the Too Faced Boudoir Eyes Palette.
Liners: Geisha Ink, UD 24/7 Liner in Freak.
Mascara: Clinique High Impact.

THE EQUIPMENT


THE LIPS


THE EYES


THE LOOK


THE OUTFIT


Dress: Simons (Contemporaine)
Earrings: Lemantula Designs
Bracelets: Le Chateau
Shoes: United Nude Lo Res Pumps

SHOES


Stay tuned for a few more summer outfits before the fall comes!

5 comments:

  1. The shoes are amazing! Are they a hard manmade material or leather? And I will also wear a black flowy maxidress today because it will be warm! This summer really had some good fashion in its bag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo love the hints of the mint and purple! I'm a big fan of the clean looking neutral lid! I really want to do a light neutral lid with a pop of color beneath! I wish we had fall here! I'd pay for cooler and dryer weather! And I must mention that you have gorgeous fit arms! I really hope to loose a bit more weight and tone my arms!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love statement earrings! And I agree, I love maxi dresses. They're so easy! Dresses in general have become a favorite of mine - you only have to pick one item of clothing in the morning, lol! And they're usually comfortable. Being a not very tall person, it used to be difficult to find maxi dresses and skirts that I wouldn't trip over, but since they have become more mainstream lately, I've been able to find more cute options in petite sizing, which is nice.

    ReplyDelete