A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Thursday, August 6, 2015

Terminus 2014 Day 1

Hello there, how is everyone's summer going? Mine has been going pretty well except for the fact that I haven't had much opportunity to go to any festivals, events, club nights, or concerts this year due to crappy work hours. My alternative wardrobe languishes unworn in my closet and I think the only makeup I can remember how to do involves the Naked2 palette.  It's not that I haven't been up to anything enjoyable, it's just that I COULD USE A NIGHT OUT IN A CORSET AND PURPLE LIPSTICK AND RIDICULOUS BOOTS OR SOMETHING UP IN HERE. 

On that note, here are some pictures from a Canadian music festival called Terminus that occurs yearly in Calgary. These pictures are from when I attended last year. (PROCRASTINATE MUCH? Jeez.) 

FACE: MAC Prep and Prime, MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation in NC15, MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NC15.
BROWS: Maybelline Black Liquid Eyeliner.
CHEEKS: A Hot Mess Cosmetics (aka my pretend makeup company) Blush in Last Day on Earth.
LIPS: Inglot AMC Lipsgloss 543.
EYES: Base: UDPP, MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre, and NYX JEP in Milk.
Shadows: Neon green and gunmetal shades from the Sleek Acid Palette, Sugarpill Chromalust in Tiara, Sugarpill ElektroCute in Sparkage.
Liners: Maybelline Liquid Black Eyeliner, UD Perversion.
False Lashes: Partygirl.

THE EQUIPMENT


FRIGHTENING UP CLOSE SHOT OF POORLY MAINTAINED CUTICLES


I decided to have some fun with my crappy looking nails. I used the Nails, Inc Bling it on Rebel kit. It is hard to see in this photo but the matte "leather effect" nail polish has a really neat texture.

THE EYES


THE LOOK


CRAPPY BLURRY HOTEL HALLWAY OUTFIT PICTURE


Cyberlox: Made by me
Goggles: IKickShins
Top and Skirt: Lip Service
Corset: Deadly Couture

My evening started out with a band I had never seen live before, Die Warzau. It was not the kind of music I normally listen to but I do enjoy seeing different types of bands when I go to festivals.

A standout for me that night was the performance by Psyche, who are originally from Edmonton (where I live) but have been based out of Germany for quite some time. I loved their 80's pop sound; they were excellent live.

Psyche
Another band that I really enjoyed was Tactical Sekt. I had heard of them, but was not particularly familiar with them. They blew me away! They had excellent energy and kept the crowd dancing. 

Tactical Sekt
The final performance was [:SITD:]. I had seen them before but they are always a treat to watch; you can't go wrong with some [:SITD:] in my opinion!


How has your summer been so far?

8 comments:

  1. I really love the eyemakeup!! I have been looking for a decent neon green for soo long! I used to have the Stargazer one but it was ao chalky and uneven I had to apply it wet and it still wasn't great. I am now lusting after the sleek acid pallete!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the eyemakeup!! I have been looking for a decent neon green for soo long! I used to have the Stargazer one but it was ao chalky and uneven I had to apply it wet and it still wasn't great. I am now lusting after the sleek acid pallete!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love neon green and SITD, so this post makes me very happy! YOu always look great when heading out, unlike the hot mess that is me...

    ReplyDelete
  4. neon green and black are like my fav cybergoth colors. And those are some killer hair falls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow your eye make up is FABULOUS! That green neon gradient is just freaking stunning! My summer has been okay! Lots of sun and rain and humid weather over here! Hope yours has been good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love cybergoth looks with long skirts. ^^
    It's been ridiculously hot the entire time this summer and all I want to do is sit in a dark corner; I really hate this weather. :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE the neon green! And no way, you're in Edmonton, too? A handful of my favorite Canadian bloggers also live in Edmonton. I have to make it up there sometime :D

    ReplyDelete