A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Monday, August 10, 2015

Terminus 2014 Day 2

Happy Monday! I just had to interrupt the typing of this post to break up a cat fight that was going on in my living room. I planted some catnip on my deck which attracts the neigbour's cat; my indoor cat James is less than impressed with this and the two of them were hissing and essentially trying to kill each other through the window.....good times!
Anyway, here is a post about day 2 of last year's Terminus Festival!

FACE: MAC Prep and Prime, MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation in NC15, MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NC15.
BROWS: Geisha Ink Eyeliner
CHEEKS: Sweet Pea and Fay Strangely Wearable Blush in Chromagraphic.
LIPS: Fyrinnae Lip Lustre in Pierced.
EYES: Base: UDPP and MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre.
Shadows: Sugarpill Tiara , Soot and Stars & Diamond Eyes form Cold Chemistry Palette, Sephora Starry Sky No7, 
Liners: Geisha Ink, UD Perversion, and Annabelle Glitterama Liquid Eyeliner in Plutonium.
Mascara: Clinique High Impact Mascara.
False Lashes: Elise feather lashes and Ardell Accents.

THE EQUIPMENT


THE LOOK


CRAPPY HOTEL ROOM OUTFIT PHOTO


Cyberlox: Made by me
Goggles: IKickShins
Dress: Plastik Wrap
Corset: Random online purveyor of off-brand corsets.
Tights: Ebay
Bracelet: Le Chateau
Boots: Demonia

Kevorkian Death Cycle
I got to see a couple of bands that I hadn't seen live before such as Kevorkian Death Cycle and 3 Teeth.  I recall that I wasn't feeling all that well so it was a bit of a toned-down evening for me. I also recall that I was an idiot and did not break in my corset before wearing it. The damned thing had some flat steel boning in it and thereby it was rather uncomfortable. I am usually not bothered by corsets but my discomfort was exacerbated by the fact that I was under the weather.

Yeah, me too.
My favourite band of the night was Haujobb. I am always impressed by their live show. If you are looking for an excellent album to listen to that is good from the first song to the last, try listening to their New World March. It is brilliant, I tell you. BRILLIANT!!

Haujobb
I have the day off today so I am sitting here in my pyjamas which is driving me nuts. I AM IN THE MOOD TO DRESS UP but I have nowhere to go!!

How's your Monday going?

10 comments:

  1. I like the combo of steampunk and cybergoth styles on your outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uncofortable corsets are a b*tch! But you looked great nevertheless... I think you should dress up for nothing if you feel like it. Nothing is better than taking the trash out dressed to the nines! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOLY CRAP!!! YOU. LOOK. AMAZING!!!! Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, yes, flat steel bones are a bitch; The same thing happened to me when I got my first steel boned corset: Of course, I wanted to wear it right away and what better occasion would there be to do so, than a punk festival in the biggest summer heat? :D Anyway, you looked stunning nontheless, that dress is beautiful!! ^^


    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the falsies! They really give the look that extra edge. And boo for uncomfy corsets, they can ruin almost any night.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a pretty amazing outfit!
    Breaking in anything is horrible, I can't imagine breaking something in while you're sick! You're a fashion warrior, heh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hate that feeling! Sometimes I'm glad for the day off and the chance to lounge around in pjs, but other times I just want to put on ALL THE MAKEUP and go out, and then...I have nowhere to go.

    I really like the silver/metallic theme in this look! Especially with that lip lustre.

    ReplyDelete