A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Monday, August 24, 2015

Worksafe Monday: WM Couture

Happy Monday! Today I will be sharing a worksafe outfit picture. I always enjoy seeing how other alternatively-inclined ladies dress for work (for example: Sophistique Noir, This is CorpGoth, and The Curious Professor Z). I admire how these ladies are able to project a professional appearance while using goth/alternative style elements. I haven't really shared a lot of my work wardrobe on this blog because my husband is not around to begrudgingly take my outfit photos for me when I leave for work. He has since given me a tripod so I can take my photos myself!
Today, my outfit is based around two of my favourite things: 1) flow-y black material and 2) leopard print. It also mostly consists of things that I got from a certain store that many people like to make fun of that bears the initials WM. One thing I like about women's work wear is that you can find pieces from both high-end and inexpensive stores like WM. You don't have to break the bank to find professional, comfortable clothing that you can wear on the job. 

THE OUTFIT


Earrings: Random accessory store
Scarf: Kate Spade New York
Top, Sweater, and Skirt: WM
Watch: Gift from my mom
Shoes: Aldo

What style elements do you like to include in your work outfits?

5 comments:

  1. Oh, I love this! I like the contrast of the flowy top and the leopard print pencil skirt. I take horrible ootd posts with my iPhone and a mirror for Instagram - fashion is fun, but I'm pretty boring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You truely are looking professional and alternative at the same time! I wish I was better with taking pictures of myself, I might post some work outfits as well...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look absolutely beautiful and professional! I love the animal print ... it's something I like to add to my own work outfits because it's sassy and unexpected. :) If I remember correctly, aren't you a science academic? I would think that labs and such are pretty cold, hence the really AWESOME layering in this outfit. Unfortunately, my classroom is always too warm. My students complain if I make it too cold ... I freeze them out. HA!

    And thank you very, very, very much for the shout out. You've given me the push I need to start posting outfits again. :D

    ReplyDelete