A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Thursday, September 24, 2015

Skulls and Spikes

As I get older, I find that I still enjoy many of the same style elements that I did when I was a teenager such as spikes and skulls. I think it's fun to make outfits that still have these elements but are a lot less likely to get you kicked out of a restaurant*/fired from your job, etc. Not that there's anything wrong with going all out, but in certain situations I have to behave myself! I have seen several fellow bloggers posting old pictures of themselves lately which has inspired me to look back at some of my own.

SKULLS AND SPIKES CIRCA 2003

My sister and myself  at Xmas. Note that this was taken with a FILM camera and scanned into the computer.
SKULLS AND SPIKES 2015


Hair Flower: Made by my friend
Necklace: Bunny Paige
Top: Zara
Skirt: Banned Apparel
Bracelet: Alex and Ani
Shoes: I got them on the bargain shelf at Aldo for $20. They are nude with blue iridescence. My husband HATES nude shoes for some reason, lol!

ACCESSORIES


For my nails I used some Sally Hansen Halloween Salon Effects. I had these in my nail stash for quite some time as I felt a bit iffy about having white nails. I actually quite enjoyed them, they looked nice and fresh for summer!

NAILS

Sally Hansen Salon Effects Numbskull
Do you still like the same styles as you did when you were younger? How have you updated your look?

*Yes I HAVE been kicked out of a restaurant for my attire but that is a story for another day!

7 comments:

  1. Your younger self and my younger me would have been great friends! I had the same tights and hair colour, although my favourite schlumpy dress was plain black! ^^ And look how you have changed! But you still have that rebellious touch...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I love all the photos! :) Yes, I will never stop loving babydoll dresses and Docs, velvet and lace. I just purchases two dress styles that I owned in the 90s/early 2000s and I have zero fucks about enjoying the styles again. Hehehe!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still love spikes and shiny black fabrics... Don't really wear the former to work, but plenty of the latter. Oh those bangs, we all had those bangs, didn't we?

    ReplyDelete
  4. To me it seems my look got more detailed, in my early baby bat days I threw on some black velvet dress or pvc, had black hair as accessories a ring, maybe a wristband or a necklace and was happy, these days I look like a christmas tree ^_^°

    thanks for sharing your pictures, you look great in both of them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LoL I have that AFI shirt on my wall!

    ReplyDelete