A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Thursday, April 28, 2016

Zig Zag Skirt

Hello everyone! Lately, I have been loving gold and brass toned jewellery. Usually, I am a silver kind of girl but I get bored of my clothing easily and adding different accessories is a great way to change up your outfits! I found a skirt with a fun zig zag print on sale awhile ago and I have been using it in a lot of different outfits with my non-silver accessories. Along with gold and brass tones, asymmetrical earring sets have been popping up everywhere lately which I absolutely love!

I found MAC Dubonnet lipstick in my stash and I actually quite like it now. The first few times I used it I didn't care for it for some reason. My friend gave me some Smashbox Insta-Matte as one of my X-mas presents this year; it is a really fun product! You put it on over your lipstick to make it a matte texture. I also found that it increases the staying power of my lipstick which is great. 

EQUIPMENT

Smashbox Insta-Matte, UD 24/7 Liner in Baked, Smaxhbox Electric quad, MAC Dubonnet, Le Chateau Cuff, A Hot Mess Cosmetics (made by me) blush in Career Woman, Zara earrings.
OUTFIT 1


Shirt: Dex
Skirt: Zara
Shoes: Jeffrey Campbell

OUTFIT 2


Shirt and Tights: H&M
Jacket: Zara
Earrings: Karma Victoria (local)


What is your preferred metal for accessories?

4 comments:

  1. Ooo, pretty! I love how the triangle in the necklace picks up the zig-zags in the skirt. I've been really into rose gold lately. I haven't a clue as to why ... I think it's the pinky-warmth of it. It looks pretty stunning against an all black outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm all gold now too, after doing the silver thing forever. I went rose gold first, but now I'm just gold. A change is always nice. And that skirt looks awesome with your boots!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to wear only silver toned jewelry, but now I also mix it up and have some gold pieces that I quite like! My latest oooooh, ahhhh, moments have been over rose gold, though...so I'm gonna have to pick something up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That skirt together with the boots and that necklace is so lovely :)
    I adore those earrings as well :)
    I used to only wear silver when it comes to jewelry but now I like mixed metals the most :)
    I am not that very fond of shiny gold but brushed gold/antiqued gold and other types of metals I love :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete