A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Thursday, June 30, 2016

Space Shirt

How is everyone's summer going? I, for one, am having a great time dressing essentially like it is still fall as we have not had too many hot days here. I have been going out a fair bit and had company staying at my house recently so I've been busy and not on the computer as much. My gardening is going well although my vegetables are coming along slowly due to the lack of heat. Work is a freakin' trainwreck but that is nothing new.......I have some holidays coming up soon so I just need to HANG IN THERE as I could really use a break at the moment. 
Anyway, today's outfit features another closet resurrection. I bought a space print shirt from Zara YEARS ago and I really liked the print but the fit was awkward and unflattering (good thing I bought it! *rolls eyes at myself*) It didn't ever get much wear but I couldn't get rid of it as I LOVE space print. I was always trying to wear it with pants but it just didn't look right; I have found that pairing it with a skirt and a cropped jacket or blazer disguises the fit issues. Since I have several black skirts and various blazers and cropped jackets, this shirt has now been worn in various combinations many times! For my makeup, I used some neon coral eyeshadow, blush, and lipstick for a "summer-y" touch.

THE EQUIPMENT

Cuff: Le Chateau. Necklace: Alexis Bittar. Urban Decay 24/7  Liner in Freak. MAC Pigment in Neo Orange. MAC Lipstick in Red Full Stop.  Tarte Sweethearts Perfect Flush Blush in Candy Glow.
THE OUTFIT


Jacket: Le Chateau
Top: Zara
Skirt: Dex
Shoes: Guess

What are your plans for the summer?

5 comments:

  1. Is this shirt from a current collection? I've not been into a Zara since 2013... But I might need that space shirt in my life! It looks so good on you! Space-y but seriously goth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am crazy about galaxy print. I have too tees, 3 legggings, one skirt of the kind. I love your outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love galaxy prints , that shirt is so gorgeous !

    ReplyDelete
  4. your lipstick matches your shirt perfectly. Yeah those galaxy prints were EVERYWHERE a few years ago and I didn't get them at the time. Later I was kind of sorry I didn't hop in on that. There was a reason...cause it looks pretty awesome! Esp with black ... and shiny black. Like you're wearing here

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate when I do that. Fall in love with the print or something but the fit isn't great...but then I buy it anyway and then NEVER WEAR IT. I'm glad you made it work, though! It looks great with that jacket!

    ReplyDelete