A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Thursday, July 21, 2016

Long, Black, Gunmetal

Well, it is the middle of summer and it is only 18 degrees C (64 F) outside!! I am not dying and melting and sweating to death, hooray! Everyone but me is complaining about the weather. 
Today's outfit was worn for an evening of eating tacos on a patio. It features one of my new favourite clothing pieces. It is a long, cotton maxi skirt which works well for both cool and hot weather. I acquired it in the winter and it gets a LOT of wear, a solid purchase indeed! I paired it with a faux suede crop top....this particular piece has convinced me that faux suede is the enemy. I have problems with staticky hair and clothing and this top has the WORST static cling of any garment I have ever worn. This summer has been rather humid so this mitigates the static a bit. As I have said before, I love to have my metals matching for my jewellery; gunmetal was the theme for this outfit. 

THE EQUIPMENT

Cuff: Le Chateau; Kat Von D Lightning Sheer Lipgloss in Gunshine, Earrings: my mom gave them to me; Necklace: Alexis Bittar; Long Necklace: Workhall (local).
Lately, I have been experimenting with layering necklaces to get more use out of my jewellery. It is a great way to use what you have more often and get different looks out of things!

OUTFIT


Top: BB Dakota
Skirt: Groceries Apparel

Have you tried layering your necklaces? What do you think of faux suede?

5 comments:

  1. Uuh ❤ The skirt really is a great buy! I can imagine it goes with almost everything on any day. :D
    I think necklaces are supposed to have with, layer them, put them on the head..well..everything imaginable! :P

    ~ Frillycakes ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like I go layers or bust with jewelry lol. Can never be simple.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry that the top is driving you crazy, but you look amazing! Love the jewelry and I love layering :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I quite like faux suede, but yeah, static is the worst.

    I'm TRYING to get into the necklace layering thing, but I think I suck at it. Also, I guess I don't have enough necklaces of different lengths, so then I just feel like I would be tangle central and look like an idiot. Which makes me want to buy more necklaces, which defeats the purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The skirt and the shirt make you even longer and skinnier. The shirt is probably versatile as h*ll, I could imagine it with leggins as well... ANd as other commenters here, I suck at layering necklaces. Do you have any instructions?

    ReplyDelete