A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

My Sister's Wedding

Last summer, my younger sister got married. *SNIFF* They grow up so fast! *SNIFF*

For a wedding, I like to do matte, neutral makeup with two colours of blush, a clear tint for the lips, and false eyelashes. I learned these tips from the Bobbi Brown Makeup Manual and I have found that they are spot on for having your makeup photograph well. I, for one, photograph very poorly but at least my makeup was looking on point. I bought my first pair of mink eyelashes from a local beauty boutique to be extra fancy for the wedding.

THE EQUIPMENT

Creme de la Creme mink eyelashes in Overindulgent, MAC Sheen Supreme Lipglass Tint in Blushing Berry, various Inglot and Annabelle eye shadows, Tarte Park Avenue Princess blush, Too Faced Pink Leopard Bronzing Powder, UD 24/7 Liner in Midnight Cowboy, and Amaterasu liquid eyeliner.

THE ACCESSORIES


My sister chose multi-coloured rainbow bouquets and they looked awesome against the white wedding dress! She found someone on Etsy who makes them out of silk flowers; they looked very real, I thought they were so cool! We also had rainbow holographic clutches (my sister's was white). 

THE JEWELLERY


We wore matching jewellery for the wedding from Hillberg and Berk. I wore hematite sparke balls and she had white opalescent ones. I would not normally go for this type of jewellery; however, I now have several pairs of the earrings. They are a nice way to dress up your look a bit even when you are wearing a semi-alternative outfit. It is also a good idea to have some "grown-up" jewellery around for when spikes and skulls are not appropriate. Also, Hillberg and Berk is a company that hails from my hometown. REPRESENT.

NAILS


Before the wedding, my mom and sister and I went to get our nails did. I got some gel nails but opted out of the pedicure as it feels weird to me to make someone else touch my feet!

THE WEDDING DRESS


My sister picked out a freakin' awesome wedding dress; look at that sweet train! I went with her to pick one out, there are some really cool wedding dresses available these days! We both went to get our hair did before the wedding; my sister got her makeup done as well. I am always wary of letting others do one's makeup but they picked out this awesome plum lipstick that looked fantastic on her so they knew what they were doing! Her hair was pretty awesome as well, I loved the fishtail braid!

You should have seen her wedding photos! The photographer did an awesome job, I cannot even describe how they turned out. I am terrible at photography and just don't get it so I am always amazed when someone can take photos of people in a back alley and make them look all whimsical and artsy! Anyways, the wedding was awesome! It was a nice, relaxed, toned-down affair and she married an awesome guy. What more could you ask for?

DISCLAIMER: Please note that I am aware that getting your hair did and your nails did is not grammatically correct. Thank you. LOL.

3 comments:

  1. The jewelry looks very grown up but still edgy, I can imagine it very well in a work environment! You always look so great, but here your sister steals the show. As she should, since she was the bride! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww she looks so pretty! Best wishes for her

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh congrats to your sister's wedding! I loved her dress too! That bottom and the neckline are gorgeous! Love your nails and jewelry you wore!

    ReplyDelete