A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Last Days of Summer

Ah, it's finally that time of the year......the time when we turn off the air conditioner and turn on the furnace! The time when the wind gets colder and the leaves turn colour! The time when I can actually start wearing proper clothing without dying of heatstroke......well, almost. Right now it is nice and cold out in the morning and evening but can still be pretty warm during the day. I am READY for fall colours so for this outfit I used my trusty plum skirt and got out some burgundy makeup. I just read a post on how chokers are back in style on The Mutant Stomp Friends and wow, does that ever make me feel OLD. It is all well and good when trends from other decades come back but when things start coming back into style that you wore the first time around it is truly something else. I found an old piece of a broken necklace that matched the colours in my shirt and strung it on a piece of lace to make a "new" choker. I always love when I can resurrect something old and use it in my current wardrobe!

THE EQUIPMENT

Dior Addict Ultra-Gloss Flash 982, Arbonne eyshadow in Cabernet, Urban Decay Moondust Eyeshadow in Solstice.

THE OUTFIT


Sunglasses: Guess
Earrings: Hypnovamp (Formerly Lemantula Designs)
Choker: Some lace strung with a piece of an old broken necklace 
Top: Plastik Wrap
Skirt: Workhall (local)
Shoes: Shelleys London

Hopefully this will be the last time I have to wear open-toed shoes this year. How is the weather in your neck of the woods?

5 comments:

  1. Talk for yourself, we currently have yet another heatwave with more than 30°C (86°F)... I'll be so glad ones it is autumn! You looked so great, the skirt is so unusual and matches the print on the shirt perfectly! I also heard that chokers are back for the cold season, but I don't like things close to my neck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome diy! And thanks for the mention. We old. This week has been chilly so far. Fall's around the corner, it seems

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahh, lucky you..It's still hot as hell over here, after two rainy weeks we're having yet another one of those 30+°C heatwaves and I'm dying...I can never manage to look so well put together and elegant in summer^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. It got chilly here and now it's going to be in the 80s and humid. UGH! I feel you on the open toed shoe thing, I want my boots and creepers back on my feets!

    You look great and put together as always <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's still sandals and air conditioning weather here. :(

    Great outfit! The skirt is such a pretty color.

    ReplyDelete