A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Monday, October 3, 2016

Hamsa

This year, I have been seeing a lot of hamsa/evil eye jewellery. I started noticing it as my mom said she liked it..........turns out I do to! The pieces that I found below were inexpensive and they go well with many different outfits.

THE EQUIPMENT

MAC Berry Black Friday, Bracelet and Earrings: Curiology Jewellery, Necklace: Simon's, Rosary Necklace: H&M.
THE OUTFIT


Sunglasses: Guess
Top and Skirt: H & M
Sandals: Jeffrey Campbell
Boots: Guess

***RANDOM THOUGHTS***

On the first outfit picture, it appears that there was a fuzz on the camera lens or something......OR MAYBE IT IS SPIRIT ENERGY. This picture reminded me of back in the day when my sister and I were kids and used to watch TV together after school. One of the shows we watched was called The Unexplained and I remember an episode about ghostly images and weird things showing up in photographs. There were people who truly believed that ghosts and spiritual energies were being captured in their photos when really they just accidentally double exposed their film or the flash reflected off of something in a strange way. I just googled "paranormal photographs" and there are a lot of  people who still think they can photograph ghosts. I personally don't believe in this sort of thing but I remember I was pretty freaked out by the show at the time.

Do you believe that paranormal apparitions can be caught on film?
Are you old enough to have had a film camera and if so did you ever accidentally double expose your film?

2 comments:

  1. So that's what that hand thing is called! Ive been seeing it everywhere too. Haha when I was a kid, I used to watch all those paranormal shows too. I believed in ghosts, but not in the photos. The whole floating orb thing didn't make sense. And when I studied photography, the whole photographing ghosts thing was completely ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The idea of catching apparitions on film makes for good stories, but I'm not a true believer. Then again, with the current generation of young people so hooked on taking selfies, there may be a flood of ghost selfies in 60 or 70 years. ;)

    I did have a film camera when I was a kid. And my mom would drop the film off at one of those little photo shacks to be developed. Ah, the nostalgia!

    ReplyDelete