A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Friday, November 25, 2016

Black Friday

Ah, 'tis Black Friday, the dreaded day when people camp outside of stores to get cheap TV's or something. Upon this day, I would like to take a moment to extol the virtues of BLACK. In terms of clothing and style, you can't go wrong with black in my opinion. I get the most use out of my all-black clothing because it never really goes out of style and you can wear it in so many different ways. If you get a black pair of shoes or boots, you can wear them with almost anything. While we all have colours that look good on us and colours that wash us out, black looks good on pretty much everyone. You can look goth-y, classy, trendy, or conservative in black. In summary, black is the sh*t.

Today's outfit was worn to a club night. It is an outfit that gets a lot of wear because it is a great foundation for accessorizing. When you start with an all black ensemble, you can wear different jewellery, makeup, and shoes and it instantly becomes something new every time you wear it! For this particular evening, I went with a peacock theme. I painted my nails in a "skittles" manicure with blues, teals, and gold. I also did some blue, teal, and gold eye makeup which was fairly elaborate but I couldn't photograph it for the life of me. I wore Kat Von D Poe lipstick (which is fantastic) with MAC No Interruptions overtop. I had a peacock feather hair clip and earrings to complete the look. 

THE EQUIPMENT

A whole lot of makeup, some of it made by me.
THE OUTFIT

Hair Clip: Made by me
Earrings: Made by my friend
Necklace; From an alternative craft fair
Dress: Polymorphe
Corset: Ooh La Latex
Armwarmers: Nimues Latex
Shoes: Jeffrey Campbell

Are you going shopping today? Find any good deals?

1 comment:

  1. Was *this close* to dying my hair black and going all-black from head to toe. I do miss that. American Apparel was having 50% off sale items, so I got a bunch of stuff there... Black velvet crop tops and the like for like 8 to 10 bucks each. Haha I'm also buying computer parts to finally build me a computer so that was a lot of deal hunting.

    ReplyDelete