A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Slipknot Concert

Last fall, I heard that Slipknot would be coming to town........to be quite honest with you, I was surprised that they were still around. I have vague memories of listening to their CD's whilst angrily ripping holes in my tights or something when I was in high school. A friend of mine had an extra ticket as her boyfriend was too embarrassed to be seen at a Slipknot concert so I decided, what the hell, let's go and relive my angry teenager days. My husband was too embarrassed to go as well; I, however, have no shame.
Getting old is certainly a weird process. If I would have gone to one of their shows 15 years ago I would have been crowd surfing through the mosh pit. These days I'm sitting in the stands and hoping the concert doesn't end too late as I have to get up for work at 5:30 am the next day.  Oh, how times have changed.

THE EQUIPMENT

MAC Coygirl Blush, Kat Von D Foiled Love Lipstick in Oh My Goth, UD Naked Smoky palette, Earrings: H&M.

THE OUTFIT


Belt: found in the depths of my closet
Top: Guess
Skirt: It is ugly, I think I will get rid of it.
Cuff: My husband made it from an old belt like a hundred years ago
Boots: Brown's Shoes

I don't really like how my outfit turned out. I had some kind of faux leather theme in mind, there is just too much faux leather going on. I need to mix it up next time.

THE CONCERT



I was surprised to hear that they actually sounded pretty good live after all these years. They had a decent stage show and pyrotechnics and stuff so I was fairly amused. I do wish I would have seen them when I was still in high school, this concert made me feel OLD. I had no idea that people still listened to Slipknot anymore. In summary, it got me out of the house in something other than work clothes for once and there was fire and sh*t but I left pondering my own mortality as I was reminded of my rapidly advancing age.

Interesting fact courtesy of The Mutant Stomp Friends: One can purchase Slipknot t-shirts at Urban Outfitters these days. Hmm. I think they are trying to cash in on the nostalgia thing. I don't know why but in the past couple of years I have been feeling quite nostalgic. Maybe it's because you truly start feeling old when you enter your 30's.....or maybe it's just when you start to realize how f***ed up the world truly is.......maybe it's because it's really freakin' weird to see the young people wearing stuff that you already wore back in the day.......maybe I'm just losing my mind, who knows.



Did you know Slipknot was still around? Been to any good concerts lately?

5 comments:

  1. This whole post is so Soooooo sadly accurate for my life as well. Joy to the 30s. Living that "professional career" bullshit dream. :)

    I will say though that i managed to go see assemblage 23 a few months ago and that returned some of my youth and humanity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went back and listened to a bunch of cds from the time period and honestly, Slipknot still holds up. I'm glad they still put on a great show. When I saw them it was basically like seeing Dethklok. There was a drummer strapped into a pentagram gyroscope thing and was drumming while spinning around in it...total Metalocalypse bullshit lol. It was awesome. What I'm most shocked is that there are young people who seeing Slipknot. Like, isn't there a...hipper band to go see? How did they even heard of them? I knew they were still around because people in my hometown literally didn't change since high school. Limp Bizkit is still around too. And they went to go see them, wearing the same exact Tool and Sublime t-shirts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol and kudos to the outfit. if I had to go to a slipknot show today, I'd have no idea what to wear. baggy bondage pants?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo love love your outfit! Peplum looks great on everyone! I've got so many friends who love slipknot but I didn't know they were still active!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You looked d*mn hot! I have seen Slipknot once, years ago (honestly, more than 15 years ago. Wow, I'm old!) and was very disappointed. Somehow the spark was not working and I was bored. I left the concert after 30 min. Seems like they've become better?

    ReplyDelete