A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Thursday, January 5, 2017

New Year

 HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Today's outfit is actually from this year's New Year! I have probably mentioned this before, but my posts are not necessarily contemporaneous, I often have stuff sitting around on my computer for up to a year before I post it. I had a decent holiday season this year, my days off from work happened to align with the holidays so I went to visit my family AND got to go out on New Year's Eve!

For my outfit this year, I decided to go for head to toe PVC. Please note that my corset is not fully done up in the photos; it is a heavy-duty steel-boned corset that is made to my measurements and I can REALLY cinch my waist with it. When I go out wearing one, I usually lace it up tight but not as far as it will go so I can actually sit down in the car/taxi on my way out. Then, when I get to my destination and it has "warmed up" a bit, I will cinch it ALL THE WAY. I had a long mermaid skirt with a train from Artifice Clothing in my closet that hadn't made it out yet; the train makes it a bit difficult to wear in a crowded club. I just held onto it with my clutch hand the whole night; I think I will sew a small hook on my sleeve and an eye on the train of the skirt so I don't have to hold on to it next time. I used another skirt from Artifice Clothing as a sort of bustle over the long skirt; I am glad I found another use for it as I wore it once when I bought it and it was WAY too short for me.

THE EQUIPMENT

Clutch: Alexander Wang, Too Faced Melted Matte Lipstick in Evil Twin, Earrings: Free People, Hair Flowers: Made by my friend, Sugarpill Tiara, Sweet Pea and Fay Strangely Wearable Blush in Chromagraphic.

THE OUTFIT


Shrug: Lip Service
Corset: Sweet Carousel Corsetry
Skirts: Artifice Clothing

SHOES

Novice by Jeffrey Campbell
My New Year's resolution this year is to develop a Positive Mental Attitude (PMA). 

I may have posted this on here before but I'm going to post it again:


The sooner I wrap my mind around the positive attitude thing, the better!

Did you make any resolutions this year?

8 comments:

  1. A positive attitude is a very good characteristic, it helps to keep the chin up when shit reaches your neck... I hope that you can achieve this goal! Keep us posted...

    And you were probably the queen of the ball, with your pretty train and the gorgeous corset! I see your point with the ring to keep the train out of reach of passer- (or dancer) bys. But the skirt should definetively get out more, it is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love full PVC looks <3 Is't it a bit too hot for the club night, though? D:

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOLY CRAP! YOU LOOK AMAZING!!! Yes, I'm yelling ... I don't know why. This outfit makes me want to yell.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy smokes! That's one awesome corset. And great idea with the skirts. Killer! My resolution is to take a jewelry making class... Which I've signed up for. Looking forward to it 😀

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fiercely fabulous outfit! Great idea to use the short skirt as a bustle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You. Look. Amazing. No real resolutions here, just want to focus more on my etsy/vintage selling. Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!
    I don't really have resolutions, but I just started a blog and I'm working on my mental health

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sooo gorgeous! I absolutely love the bust of this dress, it looks soo damn good and I love the design!

    ReplyDelete