A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Outfit Fail: Wardrobe Malfunctions

I have always enjoyed clothing, shoes, makeup, and accessories and I spend a lot of my spare time putting together outfits to express my personal style. Many people do not like to fuss with clothing or makeup as they find it to be a waste of time, but I think it is fun! Despite my level of planning, sometimes my clothes conspire to thwart me in my attempts to look half decent before I leave the house......
Today's outfit was put together to go out for a nice dinner with friends. I was excited to be wearing my new Marc By Marc Jacobs skirt that I got for a good deal at an outlet store. I paired it with a neat blazer that I found that has cute little chiffon tails. The skirt had fit me very well in the store when I tried it on; however, when I was actually walking around it it, I discovered it was slightly too big for my waist and it kept falling down a bit and exposing some skin in the midsection area which was NOT my intent for a fall outfit with a blazer over top. Thankfully we were sitting most of the time so the time I spent awkwardly pulling my skirt up every 2 seconds was minimal. On top of this, the hook and eye closure on my blazer randomly detached itself on one side during the course of the evening. ARGH!!! I tried so hard to look nice but I ended up a hot mess. Thankfully, I know how to hand sew and it was not difficult to repair the blazer and move a button a couple of inches on the skirt. 

THE EQUIPMENT

MAC Berry Black Friday, Necklace and Cuff: Le Chateau.

THE ILL-FITTING OUTFIT


Blazer: Greylin
Top, Necklace, and Cuff: Le Chateau
Skirt: Marc By Marc Jacobs
Boots: Guess

Have you ever had a wardrobe malfunction?

3 comments:

  1. Regardless of your discontent I think the outfit with a bit of skin showing actually looks great :) It has some nice urban fantasy vibes, I would gladly see it as a smart casual wear in some dark futuristic world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to agree with Ra; your wardrobe malfunction still looks better tahn my attempts to dress up! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my...Have I ever...? I don't look half as good on my better days, as you do in your supposedly ill fitting outfit...:)

    ReplyDelete