A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Thursday, March 2, 2017

Embroidery

When I went home for Xmas to visit my family, my mother gave me a scarf that wasn't really her style. It was brought in by someone she works with from Pakistan which I thought was kind of neat. Since embroidery was a trend this winter, I thought I would try to incorporate it into some nice layered outfits. My eagerness to style this interesting piece earned me a day of freezing cold suffering for fashion; it was WAY too cold out to be wearing only a sweater, scarf, and light faux-leather jacket! I'll have to take this outfit for another spin when it gets warmer out this spring; next time I wear it I think I'll throw on some red lipstick instead of the more subtle gloss that I chose for this look.

THE EQUIPMENT

NARS Norma lipgloss, onyx ring: was my mother's grandmother's, earrings: studioValyr
THE OUTFIT


Jacket: Le Chateau
Sweater: DKNY
Skirt: Zara
Tights: H&M
Shoes: Steve Madden

Who's ready for some slightly warmer, fashion friendly weather??

2 comments:

  1. Love the outfit! The scarf is such a pretty color.

    I'm never ready for warmer weather. The last two months have been unusually warm, and I feel like I've been cheated out of winter. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made that very same mistake... After the warm days we had, I was very underdressed. I love the warm weather... Can't wait for winter to be over... And it wasn't even that bad this year! Cool look!

    ReplyDelete